Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

18 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

... followed by 10 years of despair, a relegation and near insolvency.

Lavish spending is not the way to success.

Don't remind me:(.

I think Chelsea and Manchester City might not quite agree on your second point though;).  

• Like 1

60m for Phillips is a lot of money, but I think it would prove to be a worthwhile signing over time. 

Midfield is such a problem for us I'd rather we overspent on a player we know will be good and won't need time to settle etc, rather than buy a few more Sanson's. 

There will be better value elsewhere absolutely, but there's also many many other clubs looking for that value, I don't trust our track record of finding that player tbh. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

60m for Phillips is a lot of money, but I think it would prove to be a worthwhile signing over time. 

Midfield is such a problem for us I'd rather we overspent on a player we know will be good and won't need time to settle etc, rather than buy a few more Sanson's. 

There will be better value elsewhere absolutely, but there's also many many other clubs looking for that value, I don't trust our track record of finding that player tbh. 

Signing Phillips and Bissouma would be a massive upgrade in the middle, Douglas Luiz and probably Sanson will likely leave.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

It's a lot of cash, but would show serious intent to the likes of Coutinho and any other potential targets.  

Coutinho probably has no idea who he even is

to show how farcical this rumour could be, Paolo Dybala one of the best players in the world is leaving Juventus as they wont pay the 6.6 million a year he wants yet we would be happy to throw 10 million a year for Phillips

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

to show how farcical this rumour could be, Paolo Dybala one of the best players in the world is leaving Juventus as they wont pay the 6.6 million a year he wants yet we would be happy to throw 10 million a year for Phillips

Agree with your point, but Serie A is really tight with player salaries these days. Vlahovic, sought after by half of Europe in January, signed with Juventus for £110k per week. Less than we pay Ings and far less than Digne is getting.

14 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Agree with your point, but Serie A is really tight with player salaries these days. Vlahovic, sought after by half of Europe in January, signed with Juventus for £110k per week. Less than we pay Ings and far less than Digne is getting.

They often report salaries for players in mainland Europe as net. Add that to the amount of stuff that is clearly just made up and it's almost impossible to make a sensible comparison.

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

They often report salaries for players in mainland Europe as net. Add that to the amount of stuff that is clearly just made up and it's almost impossible to make a sensible comparison.

That 110k per figure I believe is specifically stated as being his gross salary.

48 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

That 110k per figure I believe is specifically stated as being his gross salary.

It's definitely net, they had a verbal agreement of 10 million euros net, which they have now lowered and has been rejected.  To think they turned down a bid from Spurs in 2019, now they are going to loose him for nothing, what a shit show.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

The most overrated player in the Premier League is Declan Rice, but Kalvin Phillips is right up there in the conversation with him.  Douglas Luiz is better than him and for a fraction of the wages.  Can't wait for Villa fans next season to start talking about how we "need to play him as an 8 and not a 6" because he isn't a brick shithouse destroyer...

I assume this is parody.

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yes, but I’ve seen many comparisons from different sources and while the exact figures vary it seems certain Premier League has the highest salaries, La Liga are nr 2 and then there’s a drop down to Serie A and Bundesliga. PSG obviously stand out in Ligue 1. (and Vlahovic’s salary was quoted as before taxes.)

• Like 1

Â