Match Thread: Leeds v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Why is saying we should consider subbing a below par player who blatantly off the pace today mean He’s being used as a scapegoat ? By JJ’s high standards he has been poor and we have a squad for a reason. 

He has done an excellent defensive job and if the game becomes a bit more stretched he will be a big threat on the counter in the second half. He can be better than he has but definitely wouldn't warrant being hauled off at half time.

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why is saying we should consider subbing a below par player who blatantly off the pace today mean He’s being used as a scapegoat ? By JJ’s high standards he has been poor and we have a squad for a reason. 

For me it's more that half time subs are actually rare, especially when winning

We had it in the Smith days, 0-0 but on top and calls for 3 subs at HT

It just doesn't tend to happen unless there's an injury and I'd be amazed if we did it now 

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How have Newcastle hit this kind of form

I think you are underestimating the enormous drag factor associated with their last manager.

5 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Never really see the need for this sort of negativity. Part of a team who haven't conceded in 2 and a half games. In that time only had 2 shots on target against us and scored 7 goals

I've hardly destroyed him. So we're not allowed to even mention it when a players not having a good game now? 

Suck it up buttercup. 

• Like 1

Only player so far not up to speed is Ramsey, again. He's young and looks like he needs a rest for a couple games. He will either get sent off or taken off this half.

His energy is great but his focus has not been 100% for the last few games.

Would look at a like for like with sansom on 2nd half to keep the energy levels high.

Got to say, I think we've been average at best. A mix of poor refereeing in our favour, Leeds being awful and a lucky deflection for goal has given us a slim lead.

I think we've been passive in the main, lost the 50/50s but been helped out by lots of mistakes by Leeds players and refereeing decisions. We've not felt in control really, it's all quite frantic and scrappy.

We need someone to get a hold of the game and make it look a little more assured. Leeds and the ref can't be that bad in the second half.