Match Thread: Leeds v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Paulie said:

I’d like us to bring Buendia on for Ramsey, shift McGinn to the left side of the midfield three.

think Buendia has more than enough defensive attribute for this to work.

I'm not sure - I think on days when we're playing with 8's that'd maybe work - but tonight it sounds more like three 6's - we'd almost be better bringing Konsa on and pushing Chambers forward - but judging by the consensus, it sounds like leaving it as it is for the best.

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

You can turn off commentary on Prime by the way!!

Bless you for this comment. I’ve been piss-farting around trying to watch the game in 30 second spurts then saw this, flicked Prime on, seen the goal now and ready for second half. Thanks! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How have Newcastle hit this kind of form

All in their heads, so much of football is, they were never as shit as Bruce and Ashley made them out to be there was just a rot about the place

Now they have the new owners, players, out the relegation zone they're all full of beans vs teams that are more or less done for the year and aren't 

Got up to watch the match before work so wearing my Villa dressing gown. Mrs T said "So if you win, will you go to the match in it from now on " If I thought it would definitely work I would 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How have Newcastle hit this kind of form

They are the jammiest of bastards and have been for the last 3/4 seasons.

I wanted nothing more than for it to go all tits up for them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

Got to say, I think we've been average at best. A mix of poor refereeing in our favour, Leeds being awful and a lucky deflection for goal has given us a slim lead.

I think we've been passive in the main, lost the 50/50s but been helped out by lots of mistakes by Leeds players and refereeing decisions. We've not felt in control really, it's all quite frantic and scrappy.

We need someone to get a hold of the game and make it look a little more assured. Leeds and the ref can't be that bad in the second half.

Have you not felt at all assured when Coutinho gets the ball? 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Bless you for this comment. I’ve been piss-farting around trying to watch the game in 30 second spurts then saw this, flicked Prime on, seen the goal now and ready for second half. Thanks! 

No worries dude, hope the second half is easy viewing 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

9th as we stand, nice. 

Hope Watford have a miracle 2 nd half and smash the dogheads.

Southampton to stick it up the regime too would be noice.

Can't believe we gave Watford 6 points. We'd be above the dogheads if we'd have won

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Same.  Can see that little rodent bamford coming on and scoring 

Yep, you can see it.  Just hope we come out second half and get an early second goal.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you look at the one at the end, it was a foul by luiz he knows exactly what he's doing but the contact is still minimum and he could stay up if he wanted 

The Ramsey one is then obviously an all dayer 

He's not given some really soft stuff and it's all seemingly fell to not giving them stuff

Thought the Ollie yellow card would be a VAR red for a minute if I'm honest 

I was thinking red was coming out