Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, birdman said:

You have to give Newcastle credit. Theyve come out of the blocks fast and ruffled our feathers. They've pressed hard and we haven't handled it at all well. Let's hope SG gives them a rocket at HT. 

Let's hope he and Gary Mac put their boots on at half time as that midfield needs shooting. It neither protects the defence or helps out the attack.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Let’s hope the trend of performing well in once half continues today

That’s the only thing I’m clinging to at the moment that we generally can produce a good half in a game.  It can’t be any worse!

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

This is pathetic, I just can’t even comprehend and that Martinez/Mings mix up at the end just summed it up for me.  

Not one player played at least average rating that half.

Got to be one of the poorest halves we’ve had this season.

Add Digne and Ramsey running into each other earlier. It's a circus act at the moment we are so comical

Just now, nick76 said:

This is pathetic, I just can’t even comprehend and that Martinez/Mings mix up at the end just summed it up for me.  

Not one player played at least average rating that half.

Got to be one of the poorest halves we’ve had this season.

That or Arsenal away.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Regardless how crap a ref is if we score goals or create chances he wont be able to cheat us.

We have been hopeless in absolutely eveeything.  This has been one dreadful  performance 

Agreed, we are atrocious. Lets see what the coaches do/say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I know people love to moan about refs on here but it’s absolutely on us being shit

We are s*** no doubt about that, but every decision is going their way and McGinn is walking a tightrope now after 2 fair tackles. He also couldn't wait to point to the pen spot. The ref is a c***.

As for us, worst I've seen us play in a long time. Not one player comes out of that half with any credit.

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

We’ve gone backwards. The media love Gerrard and have talked us up. We have been largely poor for the time he has been here. Heavily backed, lots of money spent and this is just awful. Questions need asking. 

Well since his appointment we would be 7th in comparison to rest of league since his appointment, so it’s been fairly decent in general.