Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Buendia ,bailey and coutinho have done F all gets me so tight because we wasted so much money and got it so wrong… buendia and coutinho have done just as much as each other and bailey even worse 🤦🏽‍♂️ Should have spent a bit more and got moussa diaby and daamsgard 

Clueless.

6 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

. I am impressed with the amount of people on here that actually know what sort of player he is and how he will perform.

I’ll let you into a little secret… they don’t. 

Tbf, some might have seen him play a lot but I’d say most have only seen him a couple of times and are basing their opinions on the knowledge that he was part of the saints defence that lost 9-0 twice, the fact he’s not a big name and some anecdotal evidence that he’s in a decline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Tbf when I heard the name I was worried too. The strategy at the club is all wrong. We have gone back to signing players that Alex McLeish would want.

This is scary.

What do you think has caused the left turn on transfer policy? Is it solely the arrival of SG? 

I thought Lange was meant to be the long standing appointment with the birds eye view of long term squad health. Or is he just a yes man sticking around to get paid as long as he can?

Edited by TheAuthority

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

It's not. I know who it is. If he says it then the person who told him will never talk to him again and will never give him information. 

Don't worry though. I don't rate him and I think we dodged a bullet by not signing him. 

Oh dear sounds like John Lundstram or someone then. Especially as they'd have entertained cash before qualifying for the UCL group stage.

8 hours ago, RicRic said:

Buendia ,bailey and coutinho have done F all gets me so tight because we wasted so much money and got it so wrong… buendia and coutinho have done just as much as each other and bailey even worse 🤦🏽‍♂️ Should have spent a bit more and got moussa diaby and daamsgard 

You do onow we want the manager sacked don't you?

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

Tbf when I heard the name I was worried too. The strategy at the club is all wrong. We have gone back to signing players that Alex McLeish would want.

I seriously worry about us long term. We seem to have abandoned a lot of what was going for us for some quick win now approach but we're sitting in 19th.

I don't know why it's all switched. I 100% put the blame on purslow. 

15 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Sounds like Gallagher doesn’t it? If so he can be added to JWP, Bissouma and Bentancur as central midfielders who escaped.

11 hours ago, messi11 said:

Well that was a disappointing window. 

Goodbye and so long Ibrahim Sangare and Kouadio Kone

Hello Average players Dendoncker and Bednarek, Welcome the the club.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

This is scary.

What do you think has caused the left turn on transfer policy? Is it solely the arrival of SG? 

I thought Lange was meant to be the long standing appointment with the birds eye view of long term squad health. Or is he just a yes man sticking around to get paid as long as he can?

I think it’s Gerrard’s doing. He came in and identified that we need players in their peak now in key positions. That’s the strategy we are following. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think it’s Gerrard’s doing. He came in and identified that we need players in their peak now in key positions. That’s the strategy we are following. 

But he won't be here next week, so I doubt he had much choice.

I'm guessing a couple of solid cheapies, an save a bit of doe for the new guy.