Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

53 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We always sign in the age bracket I mentioned and sell players who aren’t performing highly for us before they reach an age where their value drops rapidly (28)

you only keep 28 plus when they are absolutely vital for us.

Do we? Seem to remember one of our best teams was Big Ron's 'dad's army'.

Not saying I think signing 28+ year old players with high wages and no resale value is the way forward. Hence 'a balanced mix of strategies' but I can say that under Dean we have lacked grit and experience and have been too soft. Buying older players doesn't guarantee that but sometimes you need experience at the spine of the team.

2 hours ago, trillvillan said:

@messi11I must say - Matthew O'Riley from Celtic looked a GOOD player! 

Wouldn't be opposed to someone like him running around in front of Luiz/Kamara. 

Very good shout, he's only 21 tho, 9 years too young for the new transfer policy. Celtic always pick up gems. 
Apply for the scouting job at Villa

• Like 3

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Very good shout, he's only 21 tho, 9 years too young for the new transfer policy. Celtic always pick up gems. 
Apply for the scouting job at Villa

I wish. I'm trying to work on my Uefa B currently. A scout at Villa would be a dream. 

8 hours ago, trillvillan said:

I wish. I'm trying to work on my Uefa B currently. A scout at Villa would be a dream. 

Cool. Good luck with it. Can you send the course details on to @paul514 so that he can get the papers to back up his expertise?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

We have to do everything in our powers to sign Mykhaylo Mudryk. 21 years of age! what a performance tonight
Cant believe Brentford nearly signed him on deadline day. 

I mentioned him earlier on in the summer - he's got a lot about him. The best young player in the national team is Zabarnyi (CB) but he's destined for an elite team - he's only just turned 20 but has been first choice for club and country for some time. 

Ukrainian players for Dynamo and Shakhtar are typically very expensive because the league rules demand a certain number in the XI at any time in a match. 

It's always been a dream of mine to see a Ukrainian play for Villa. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Linked to some Brazilian kid Anrey Santos yesterday 

Andrey Santos

Us and Newcastle for 35m€ from vasco de gama, linked in a couple of places, more Newcastle than us and apparently he has a £43m release clause, saw one paper call him the Brazilian Busquets 

I'd like to think that if he's an 18 year old from vasco and we wanted him we'd get coutinho and Luiz to have a chat 

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

Why the hell didnt we sign Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa from Fulham when we had the chance

clerarly wasnt in our scouting bubble of within 50 miles of Aston or over 43 years old.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Andrey Santos

Us and Newcastle for 35m€ from vasco de gama, linked in a couple of places, more Newcastle than us and apparently he has a £43m release clause, saw one paper call him the Brazilian Busquets 

I'd like to think that if he's an 18 year old from vasco and we wanted him we'd get coutinho and Luiz to have a chat 

Same agent as Carlos as well apparently 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Andrey Santos

From the highlights so far he is 50/50 Iroegbunam and JJ . Bursting runs from midfield and hard tackles/blocks in defensive mid. 

31 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Same agent as Carlos as well apparently 

Not sure that means much, same agent as Bruno Guimarães as well. 

It's a lot of money to be paying for a teenager who's in his first senior season and playing in the 2nd tier in Brazil.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's a lot of money to be paying for a teenager who's in his first senior season and playing in the 2nd tier in Brazil.

Yes it’s a lot but if Carney is really worth £20m?

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

That is exactly what I thought, he had better look like the second coming of Jesus (not the one who plays for Arsenal 😜) in Brazilian football for that price

12 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Its a bit daft to say a player is or is not worth a certain amount of money. The market dictates the prices and the market dictated Chuk's value at 20m. Whether he goes on to provide value for the 20m investment will only be known in time.

I kind of agree, he could be worth 1m he could be worth 100m in a few years.

Personally I see transfers as bets, where some players have more attractive odds than others.