Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If true, I’m very curious to know why they waited until the final hours to make a move for him.

Maybe we may have thought we could get him on the cheap with only hours to go. It is not completely uncommon. It appears Arsenal tried to do that with Doug

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If true, I’m very curious to know why they waited until the final hours to make a move for him.

It says he was only made available very late in the window. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Is arithmetic the issue or maybe poor research skills or is it just plain old changing the facts to suit the narrative?

The narrative is we should be signing younger talent who are ready for the 1st team who we can sell them on for a higher fee in the future rather then sending them for basically free to Turkey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, messi11 said:

The narrative is we should be signing younger talent who are ready for the 1st team who we can sell them on for a higher fee in the future rather then sending them for basically free to Turkey

We need both experienced pros, untested younger uncut gems and youth we can develop and potentially sell for a profit.

Our transfer policy needs a balanced blend of different strategies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

We need both experienced pros, untested younger uncut gems and youth we can develop and potentially sell for a profit.

Our transfer policy needs a balanced blend of different strategies.

Nope, completely disagree, we aren't talking about signing some 16 year old from cowdenbeath, we are talking about signing people who are 19-25 who have already done it elsewhere.

The experienced people come from the ones who have succeeded here already that we didn't want to sell (27+)

Edited by paul514

30 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Nope, completely disagree, we aren't talking about signing some 16 year old from cowdenbeath, we are talking about signing people who are 19-25 who have already done it elsewhere.

So you mean the ones the bigger clubs snap up for big money then... Like Antony?

Or the ones from the Championship?

Or a few more Nakambas , Trez and Wesley's?

Or the questionable ones which there is no guarantee will come good?

How old is Kamara?

I just watched something with Oacqetas agent basically saying he is not a player they would have gotten if anyone else offered the money.

I think you will find all the big clubs sign a mix of players of different ages.

Clubs with less money or on a reboot will generally be the ones signing youngsters with potential, and we already have an elite academy.

One of them set up the goal for Leon Bailey the other day, who is also within that age range.

I think we genuinely play too much " Football Manager " in our heads as if there aren't multiple clubs competing for players.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you mean the ones the bigger clubs snap up for big money then... Like Antony?

Or the ones from the Championship?

Or a few more Nakambas , Trez and Wesley's?

Or the questionable ones which there is no guarantee will come good?

How old is Kamara?

I just watched something with Oacqetas agent basically saying he is not a player they would have gotten if anyone else offered the money.

I think you will find all the big clubs sign a mix of players of different ages.

Clubs with less money or on a reboot will generally be the ones signing youngsters with potential, and we already have an elite academy.

One of them set up the goal for Leon Bailey the other day, who is also within that age range.

I think we genuinely play too much " Football Manager " in our heads as if there aren't multiple clubs competing for players.

Players from all over....

For example I tipped on here.....

Sangare before he moved to PSV for 6m
Koopmeiners before he moved to Atalanta for 9-11m
Kamara - now with us
Bailey - Now with us
Buendia - the summer before he joined us for nearly half the price he eventually moved to us.
Botman - Last summer
Sosa - 2 summers ago

Literally the list goes on, I'm not a professional scout, it isn't that hard and we are an attractive destination for foreign players and Championship players.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I missed what Bardell had said. Did he talk about a possible transfer that didn't come off?

He said something along the lines of our primary CM target was available during the window then his club said he wasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sangare, as it fits the narrative, gerrard was at one of PSV's games recently and Old Villain had some ITK about a deal. 

Edited by Made In Aston

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Players from all over....

For example I tipped on here.....

Sangare before he moved to PSV for 6m
Koopmeiners before he moved to Atalanta for 9-11m
Kamara - now with us
Bailey - Now with us
Buendia - the summer before he joined us for nearly half the price he eventually moved to us.
Botman - Last summer
Sosa - 2 summers ago

Literally the list goes on, I'm not a professional scout, it isn't that hard and we are an attractive destination for foreign players and Championship players.

Right, and how many did you miss? Or are you 100% accurate 

47 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He said something along the lines of our primary CM target was available during the window then his club said he wasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sangare, as it fits the narrative and gerrard was at one of PSV's games recently. 

I don't think it was him. Apparently United missed out on him before going for Casemiro

11 hours ago, messi11 said:

I know what the narrative is, it just has more credibility when the facts are accurate and not embellished. 

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

2 hours ago, zak said:

Right, and how many did you miss? Or are you 100% accurate 

Did I miss players that are good? Or have I tipped players who have gone on to not being good?

Yes to the first, no to the second. At worst they have stayed at the same level so I tipped Max Aarons for example

Edited by paul514

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I don't think it was him. Apparently United missed out on him before going for Casemiro

If United wanted Sangare he would be playing at Old Trafford.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

On 04/09/2022 at 23:13, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, they can't catch a break with strikers.... Well they can... But not the good kind.

Their new striker is out for the season.

Similar happened with Jimenez.

Costa's work permit has been refused, they really can't catch a break.