Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I know what the narrative is, it just has more credibility when the facts are accurate and not embellished. 

Average squad age in PL

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/altersschnitt/wettbewerb/GB1

Screenshot_20220906-143718_Chrome-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

More or less identical to Brighton's avg age. I wonder what Potter thinks of this 🤣. But sitting at about the median of avg age in the PL looks to be a good place to be. The clubs with an average age lower than ours all look to be lower half finisher apart from Arsenal

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep, think they’ll fall short of top 4 when injuries kick in.

But keeping on topic I think our business wernt too bad although nothing too exciting.

I was thinking the same the other day. They seem to have started the season in good form, but I can imagine them struggling as fixtures pile up, they lose a bit of energy if they can't rotate enough, and all teams usually hit a slump or two over a season. 

Will be interesting to see how they will handle it. Returning to European football isn't just fun and games. It's hard work, and extra risk, especially for a small squad. 

Young teams tend to be naturally inconsistent as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep, think they’ll fall short of top 4 when injuries kick in.

But keeping on topic I think our business wernt too bad although nothing too exciting.

Ironically, this is when the going gets tough, a bit of experience by players who have been there and know what it takes can be valuable. " Winners".

See Ashley Young lift, drive and verteran shithousery last match for reference. Lol

EMI one as well to be fair.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Are u ITK? Do u have a link/evidence to back up that assertion? 

It’s 2022 - the age of throwing opinions on to the internet and not having to back them up. If you can’t beat them, join them. 

• Haha 2

Really hope we have our Scandinavian scouts watching CB Johan Bångsbo at IFK Göteborg.

Kid is 19 and he's playing like prime Beckenbauer atm (massive exaggeration  :D ) in Allsvenskan. He only broke into the starting 11 halfway this season but he's been a revelation. He's almost 6ft 4 with great movement and ball control, reads the game like a player much older and he'll be in the Swedish national side very soon. No doubt he will be snapped up by some European club before long, possibly already in January. Would love it if it was us.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, paul514 said:

Nope, completely disagree, we aren't talking about signing some 16 year old from cowdenbeath, we are talking about signing people who are 19-25 who have already done it elsewhere.

The experienced people come from the ones who have succeeded here already that we didn't want to sell (27+)

You disagree and that's fine, forums are all about opinions and I respect yours.
I feel like Villa this Summer have been like Arsenal when they signed William and Cedric. 
Arsenal now got rid of there older players and are a young exciting team to watch, same with Brighton 

18 hours ago, paul514 said:

Nope, completely disagree, we aren't talking about signing some 16 year old from cowdenbeath, we are talking about signing people who are 19-25 who have already done it elsewhere.

The experienced people come from the ones who have succeeded here already that we didn't want to sell (27+)

So what about me saying we need a blend of transfer strategies confused you? 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That "players used" stat is a big concern for me.

It's not like our subs or backups are bad (in my opinion), but Gerrard really does have a resistance to using a lot of our squad. He needs to rectify this if we're to avoid a collapse in the second half of the season.

Given a lot of our first team will also be at the world cup we're really going to need our squad.

Hopefully Dendoncker and Bednarek give us a bit more flexibility and he starts giving Archer more time. 

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

So what about me saying we need a blend of transfer strategies confused you? 

We always sign in the age bracket I mentioned and sell players who aren’t performing highly for us before they reach an age where their value drops rapidly (28)

you only keep 28 plus when they are absolutely vital for us.

Edited by paul514

Just now, messi11 said:

We have to do everything in our powers to sign Mykhaylo Mudryk. 21 years of age! what a performance tonight
Cant believe Brentford nearly signed him on deadline day. 

If Lange and Gerrard asks lets just pretend he's 30