Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

42 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

With Poch I'd also be safe in the knowledge that players like Archer, Tim and eventually KKH will be fully integrated into the team. 

That was by far the most impressive thing he did at Spurs, integrating youngsters into the team and really bringing them on. Gerrard just seems to be aimless 2 or 3 min cameos here and there. 

Poch was very good for spurs, but youth promotion is a myth. Winks was the only one at spurs. 

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We clearly aren't.

We're short one CB due to Carlos injury.

Short players means gaps in squad. If you believe we are short upgrades of certain players that's a different thing. We have a sizable talented squad right now

We need another CB, another CM and possibly that is it - but we are short. 

6 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Poch was very good for spurs, but youth promotion is a myth. Winks was the only one at spurs. 

Sorry, but 2015/16 when Poch started to make an impact (they finished 3rd) his regular side included:

Bentaleb (21)

Alli (20)

Dier (22)

Eriksen (24)

Winks (20)

Son (23)

Kane (21)

He's pretty good with young players. I didn't say promotion, I said integration and inclusion of youth and trusting them in the starting 11. Which he is very very good at. 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We need another CB, another CM and possibly that is it - but we are short. 

We have 7 central Midfielders in the first team squad. 6 of them senior pros.

We are not short a CM, we are short an upgrade on one of those CMs. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We have 7 central Midfielders in the first team squad. 6 of them senior pros.

We are not short a CM, we are short an upgrade on one of those CMs. 

Absolutely. But Gerrard wants Sanson gone , McGinn and JJ in league 1 form , Nak has barely played in 8 months and Tim gets no minutes as the youngster. 

We have 24 Senior players.

23 without Diego Carlos
22 considering we don't need to register Archer.

Luiz, Guilbert, Young, Steer and obviously Augustinsson can leave at the end of the year. Mings, Nakamba and Ings will then enter the final year of their contracts. Considering their positions within the squad - I'd expect 2 minimum of those to be sold next year before we even get to Bailey, Sanson, Konsa

We are short for this season, plus the sensible thing to do is to start replacing those players bit by bit, starting now, we can integrate Iroegbunam and KKH but we can't unleash 6 youngsters into the squad.

2 now, 2 Jan, 2 Summer. Just to keep the lights on. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Sorry, but 2015/16 when Poch started to make an impact (they finished 3rd) his regular side included:

Bentaleb (21)

Alli (20)

Dier (22)

Eriksen (24)

Winks (20)

Son (23)

Kane (21)

He's pretty good with young players. I didn't say promotion, I said integration and inclusion of youth and trusting them in the starting 11. Which he is very very good at. 

Brought through Ward Prowse, Luke Shaw and Callum Chambers at Southampton too. Along with other young players brought in who went on to better things like Mane, Tadic and Wanywama.

22 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Bentaleb (21)

Alli (20)

Dier (22)

Eriksen (24)

Winks (20)

Son (23)

Kane (21)

I think of all those only Kane came though their youth system and even he was sent out on multiple loans before it came together for him.