Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Isn't it mad. How a manager would just instantly make you feel better and less worried with transfers.

With Gerrard, I feel we're all scrambling around and desperate for transfers mainly because we know he's a shit manager and we need better players to somehow fit his daft system and to make it work.

If we had someone like Poch, or even Potter, I think we'd be a lot happier with what we have, safe in the knowledge they'd get much more from them. Hey, who knows, they might even tell players they can venture into the middle of the pitch if they want.

Our manager sucks. 

With Poch I'd also be safe in the knowledge that players like Archer, Tim and eventually KKH will be fully integrated into the team. 

That was by far the most impressive thing he did at Spurs, integrating youngsters into the team and really bringing them on. Gerrard just seems to be aimless 2 or 3 min cameos here and there. 

I think it's telling that we've not signed anyone of the players he took to Rangers.

Usually a manager has a player or two who follow them around and you can't say a player like Aribo - who I watched the other day v Man Utd and liked how 'busy' he was on and around the ball - would not have improved the squad, so maybe none of them liked him either?

3 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Agree with this. I think part of the problem is that Villa is far too tight on information. We shouldn’t have a Hairy Redknob keeping Sky Sports News amused but a little more info on what the club is trying to do would help us all.

I don't have a problem in the club keeping a lid on information, so long as something actually happens. SG did say we would be "excited" if we knew the players the club were looking at, but that is a bit like old Deadly waving a bit of paper, with a list of world beaters on it at a press conference, when we all knew, nothing would come of that. Ron Atkinson used to say to his players "don't tell me, show me", I think we really need the club to do that, during what is left of this transfer window, by signing a couple of those "exciting" targets. It is not looking very likely though. Coral have us 16/1 to sign JWP in this window, that's the sort of signing that would lift us....;) 

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Has McGinn been sold yet?

CLUB STATEMENT: John McGinn

Aston Villa are pleased to announce John McGinn as the club’s first ever captain/manager/majority shareholder. Each season ticket holder will be contacted in due course to give up their first new born to His Excellency, First of His Name, King of the Turkeys and Supreme Leader of Cheps, the John McGinn. 

13 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I really can't stand Soyüncu. Clumsy, stupid decisions, not quick. I'm sure he's a lovely guy but please no.

Could be talking about McGinn and he's been made captain, so Gerrard should fit him right in.

Just now, Jareth said:

Something is up -looks like NSWE have turned taps off- maybe SG but maybe about value in this market. Either way we are short about 3 players. 

We clearly aren't.

We're short one CB due to Carlos injury.

Short players means gaps in squad. If you believe we are short upgrades of certain players that's a different thing. We have a sizable talented squad right now

21 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I think it's telling that we've not signed anyone of the players he took to Rangers.

Usually a manager has a player or two who follow them around and you can't say a player like Aribo - who I watched the other day v Man Utd and liked how 'busy' he was on and around the ball - would not have improved the squad, so maybe none of them liked him either?

It's not. Each player Gerrard signed is superior to any player he had at Rangers. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Something is up -looks like NSWE have turned taps off- maybe SG but maybe about value in this market. Either way we are short about 3 players. 

Did you not see the stadium plans? If we can offer £25m for Sarr we can certainly bid for players 

• Like 1