Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

22 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If we could get Bale with the motivation he has for playing with Wales, it would be absolutely amazing. Always world class for them. But for us, I doubt he’d even show up for training.

He could literally live at the Belfry and play golf every day after training.  We normally joke about it but it actually might be something that attracts him.  He's still a wonderful player so I'm all for it!

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

It's always been a dream of mine to sign a Ukrainian player. Would be very happy if we could get Zinchenko to play CM - Mudryk today have a very impressive cameo performance too. 

Hasn't Yarmolenko been released by West Ham? As squad option he wouldn't be worst pick up as he's looked good in last few months and can cover a few positions along the front 3.

51 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m more worried too much will expected too soon, which nobody could live up to after us dying for a DM for quite a few seasons.  I hope he gets time to see if he can fulfil his potential.

That's why signing a Bissouma type would be smart move otherwise he'll have crazy pressure if it's just him start of the season and people expecting Kante type performances straight away.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If we could get Bale with the motivation he has for playing with Wales, it would be absolutely amazing. Always world class for them. But for us, I doubt he’d even show up for training.

What if we install a driving range at Bodymoor?

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hasn't Yarmolenko been released by West Ham? As squad option he wouldn't be worst pick up as he's looked good in last few months and can cover a few positions along the front 3.

I can see why West Ham let him go. Except for that wonder goal against us he hasn’t done much.

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Worrying if we sign Bale.  Everton 2.0

I don’t think we will tbh, but let’s not pretend like he didn’t have a good season when he returned to spurs, he scored 16 goals in 34 appearances, and only averaged 49 mins per game the goal tally for the minutes is extremely impressive, the problem is that his body can’t handle the minutes.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think we will tbh, but let’s not pretend like he didn’t have a good season when he returned to spurs, he scored 16 goals in 34 appearances, and only averaged 49 mins per game the goal tally for the minutes is extremely impressive, the problem is that his body can’t handle the minutes.

Think he had 3 league starts this season

5 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Aaron Hickey playing RB for Scotland tonight. Really want us to sign him.

WOW.....never noticed.....just thought Scotland was second best.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Don't want Bale.

Don't want Yarmolenko.

Totally agree. We need quality players in their prime, like Diego Carlos, or have excellent potential, like Kamara.

The only player I’m on the fence about in this regard is Suarez, but doubt he’s coming here anyway.

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886r73ovwbh366es9b74l

he’s already signed for Fulham 

That collapsed didn’t it?  Don’t know if he’s any good and rumours of a fee of £6m but the Fulham deal collapsed a week or two back after it was though done in April.

• Like 1