Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

On the face of it, this looks like a great appointment. Knows Gerrard, is clearly an excellent coach (one of only 16 worldwide to have a UEFA elite badge according to wiki at least) and has bags of experience. Well done Villa.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

They've also finished 17th about 6 times 

God knows mate, I just imagined it being said in a cockney accent and it made me laugh. 

He'd be **** mental to cheat on Shakira, I mean, have you seen Shakira??!

Either that or Gavi's mum is hot as ****. 

I mean I was born in South London so I guess you’re on the money 😂

• Haha 1

Josh Bowler looks like a decent player at Blackpool as well, reminds me of Jarrod Bowen, but will probably go to a club slightly below us, maybe one of the promoted teams.

7 hours ago, 7392craig said:

He's 32, may as well be 82. Legs are shot, can’t run, no motivation etc Stick him back in the home.

Come on, stop sitting on the fence on this one....:D I think he would prefer a golf course to a home just now and he can afford to buy both. No doubt he will hang up his boots at the weekend if Wales go out and the choice will be his.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

He signed a professional deal with Blackpool, but Jake Daniels could potentially be a good signing for our academy, scored something like thirty goals last season, has already played for Blackpool's first team and only turned seventeen in January, so has a similar profile to the likes of Chrisene, Burchall, and Feeney when we signed them. Gerrard has already met with him, and now we have the Blackpool manager as our assitant who of course will know all about him.

Takes a lot of courage to come out as gay in football. All respect to him

2 hours ago, Didiersix said:

On the face of it, this looks like a great appointment. Knows Gerrard, is clearly an excellent coach (one of only 16 worldwide to have a UEFA elite badge according to wiki at least) and has bags of experience. Well done Villa.

A lot more than 16 would have the badge if they hadn’t scrapped it after 1 year.

1 hour ago, useless said:

He signed a professional deal with Blackpool, but Jake Daniels could potentially be a good signing for our academy, scored something like thirty goals last season, has already played for Blackpool's first team and only turned seventeen in January, so has a similar profile to the likes of Chrisene, Burchall, and Feeney when we signed them. Gerrard has already met with him, and now we have the Blackpool manager as our assitant who of course will know all about him.

Yeah I was thinking that might be something we look at. 

That sudden burst of transfer activity a couple of weeks ago set my head in overdrive. Now I'm dropping by VT and Newsnow at least 20 times a day and the interesting news and juicy speculations is all but dried up! I suffer something akin to transfer withdrawal syndrome.

waiting-bored.gif

• Like 1

Aston Villa are one of two clubs who are ‘frontrunners’ to sign Burnley centre-back Ben Mee this summer, according to reports.

The central defender is out of contract at Turf Moor this summer, and is set to make a decision on his future imminently. The latest reports claim that the 32-year-old has decided to move on from the club this summer after their relegation to the Championship.

That means that he will be available on a free transfer, with Premier League clubs expected to show an interest in signing him. According to the Mirror , Villaand Everton currently ‘lead the way’ in the transfer race.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-mee-24134445

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Seriously?

Birmingham Mail says we are linked with Ben Mee .....wtf ?

Beale was staying according to them lol - 24hrs later he joins QPR.

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Haha 1