Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

LET THE FUN BEGIN 

I can see this being the window where we really improve, with a view to pushing on and consolidating around 8th.

If we can land a top quality CB and number 9 we should be looking good 

Bring on the summer of Twitter links 

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Spoiler alert: they will

Would have him over Tarkowski.  If Botman is off to Milan though, i'd inquire about Alessio Romagnoli who is available on a free.

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Which ones? All the manager and player ones will be about how 'dogshit' they are. Any potential signings will also be dogshit, and not worth the money. 

This is where you’re wrong I’m afraid @mjmooney. New signings are incredible, perfect, just what we need… until they play in a Villa shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Would have him over Tarkowski.  If Botman is off to Milan though, i'd inquire about Alessio Romagnoli who is available on a free.

He was supposed to be joining Juventus but he has been 3rd choice Milan defender this season. He is a player who I think will struggle in England 

• Like 1

Out of the ones we’ve been linked with so far, my preferences are:

CB: De Vrij (still feel this is unlikely), Lacroix (never seen him play, but like the look of him), Tarkowski (just because he’d be a safe bet)

CM: Bissouma (him alongside Kamara and Ramsey would offer us a lot of pace and quality), Sangare (like Bissouma, but more of a risk due to the league he’s in), Phillips (think he’s well overpriced, personally, but would still walk in to our midfield).

ST: Neither David or Suarez strike me as good enough to be our main striker. Ekitike sounds exciting, but again, bit of a gamble to have him as first choice. 

Already a great start to the summer though. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I included Romagnoli in a post earlier in the week of the top Free Players.

Consensus online seems to be Chelsea are confident of landing him and are pretty desperate considering their issues at the moment and appear to be losing Christensen & Rudiger on frees as well as potentially Azpilicueta and Alonso next year

Think as a result he's out of our reach

Good article about Bassey BBC

You can imagine the scene in the Rangers inner-sanctum. The stats guys plug in Calvin Bassey's GPS monitor and download his numbers from this Cup that was 2-0 going on five and six-nil, a set of figures so stratospherically high that the laptop sizzles and explodes under the weight of the data.

"The man mountain," as former Ibrox manager Alex McLeish described him, was out on his own as the final's best player, so much so that when they were dishing out the medals, they should have given him two of them. It wasn't just the quality of his work, it was the joy on his face while doing that work that lit the place up. 

One hundred minutes into the Europa League final in the dead heat of Seville on Wednesday night, Bassey was the one tracking back and hounding Eintracht Frankfurt's Ansgar Knauff out of possession. One hundred minutes into this Hampden final, he was flying up his left wing in support of a Rangers attack. 

One hundred and fourteen minutes saw him stretch his calf on the touchline, an episode that made you wonder if he was actually made of flesh and bone after all rather than being put together in a lab some place.

To be fair, it was a quick stretch. Two minutes later, he snuffed Hearts out and won a throw-in. In the 119th minute, he won another throw-in, two minutes after that, 121 minutes now, he was involved again. All of a sudden, he gave the impression of a fresh player. The Duracell Bunny must run on Calvin batteries.

He covered every blade of grass with such gusto that you wondered at times how many of him were actually out there. Defending astutely, attacking dangerously, whipping in precise crosses that presented golden chances that were missed. 

Watching from the distance, the injured Alfredo Morelos must have salivated at the service being offered. This was one of the most accomplished and effervescent performances we've seen from an individual in a Scottish Cup final for quite some time.

At the end, he dropped to his knees and gave thanks, then rose up and scampered off to be with the Rangers supporters, his arms windmilling, his face beaming. Bassey is 22, that's the phenomenal thing. He's a player of massive potential, a guy who will have his suitors in the summer if anybody down south or beyond is paying attention. 

How Rangers folk will hope that the radars of the monied ones have slipped. Bassey is a talent they'll want to savour for a while yet.

2 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Out of the ones we’ve been linked with so far, my preferences are:

CB: De Vrij (still feel this is unlikely), Lacroix (never seen him play, but like the look of him), Tarkowski (just because he’d be a safe bet)

CM: Bissouma (him alongside Kamara and Ramsey would offer us a lot of pace and quality), Sangare (like Bissouma, but more of a risk due to the league he’s in), Phillips (think he’s well overpriced, personally, but would still walk in to our midfield).

ST: Neither David or Suarez strike me as good enough to be our main striker. Ekitike sounds exciting, but again, bit of a gamble to have him as first choice. 

Already a great start to the summer though. 

A new CB, Kamara, new CM and new striker would be some window, our best ever probably, not to mention Coutinho.  That's a whole new spine to the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I included Romagnoli in a post earlier in the week of the top Free Players.

Consensus online seems to be Chelsea are confident of landing him and are pretty desperate considering their issues at the moment and appear to be losing Christensen & Rudiger on frees as well as potentially Azpilicueta and Alonso next year

Think as a result he's out of our reach

Are Chelsea even allowed to sign players?

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Which ones? All the manager and player ones will be about how 'dogshit' they are. Any potential signings will also be dogshit, and not worth the money. 

Yeah but you'll be missing all the pun runs. There's gold in among the dross. (Occasionally).

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is where you’re wrong I’m afraid @mjmooney. New signings are incredible, perfect, just what we need… until they play in a Villa shirt.

I said potential signings, i.e. that the club have made approaches for. They clearly aren't any good, compared with the obscure Tibetan DM that the poster is championing due to his stats in a computer game. Obviously, once they're in a Villa shirt, they are the messiah, up until their first mis-hit in a match, at which point they become dogshit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Let’s go all out for Pau Torres!

I just signed him in FIFA!

It is written...

• Like 1