Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I like Firmino but he absolutely doesn’t fit into the system we play. Couldn’t be further from it actually. 

Imagine Firmino playing in his false 9 role with two 10s behind him. Would just be Digne and Cash overlapping to whip it into the box for...absolutely nobody. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Meaning Evil are saying we're after David from Lille. Crap source but thoughts? 13 goals in Ligue 1.

Just like say Alexander Isak he's had a statistically weak 2022.  But he's stupidly fast and and only just turned 22. He could be a very good signing but probably pretty pricey.

From a marketing point he'd be a fantastic signing with the north America WC coming up. American born playing for Canada. Although he doesn't seem to be big on social media atm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i like the "idea" of kamara, but tbh im sure i have ptsd from the large number of foreign players who havent quite cut it for us that we have bought in the last 2-3 years (i know you can buy top foreign players, but we seemt to buy all the ones that dont do that well) - aka Wesley, Sanson, Samatta, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Engels, Kalinic, Guilbert, Nyland, i would even add Traore in to that as a player who has done ok, but still not great.

We seem to have a problem with buying the right foreign players.....

I almost feel like, Phillips and Bissouma would be better choices, as we know they are proven at PL level.

I wouldnt say no to Kamara ofc.....i would just roll my eyes if we bought another dud.

Edited by MaVilla

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Giroud still banging them in Serie A, not sure if his contract is up but he'd still be ideal, nearly joined us in Jan 2020.

Could see Everton or Newcastle going for him if he wants to come back to premier league.

I wouldnt say he is banging them in. 9 goals this season for a team top of the table.. He gets big goals though 

58 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Imagine Firmino playing in his false 9 role with two 10s behind him. Would just be Digne and Cash overlapping to whip it into the box for...absolutely nobody. 

Playing with no striker worked a treat for the Spanish national team for a few years ;) 

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wouldnt say he is banging them in. 9 goals this season for a team top of the table.. He gets big goals though 

He wanted to get away from the PL, he got a move to the leading Italian team.  I’m not sure he’d want to come back to the PL and definitely not to mid table teams like us, Newcastle and Everton.

8 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Talking of Isak, could we tempt him if we sell Ollie? He 'only' has a £64m release clause and if we got a good fee for Ollie then he'd be a great replacement. 

5 goals this season. If we are paying a fee like that you would want better end product 

I rate him but would need to see more before paying that and nearly doubling our transfer record 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

5 goals this season. If we are paying a fee like that you would want better end product 

I rate him but would need to see more before paying that and nearly doubling our transfer record 

Yeah, seriously. People need to realize the value of money. You don't throw 60 million at a player unless you're reasonably sure he can become an important player for a top side. 

• Thanks 2

I rate Isak too but his contribution for both Sociedad and Sweden has been poor the last 12 months or so. He's still useful and creates space for others with his movement. But he needs to start scoring again.

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If it was a simple choice, Isak or Abraham?

I really wouldn’t know who’s the better player or fit for a team like us?

Neither. One is outta form and one has moved to a easier league and hardly ripped it up 15/35 in a lower quality league. Nah. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, seriously. People need to realize the value of money. You don't throw 60 million at a player unless you're reasonably sure he can become an important player for a top side. 

Unless you're Arsenal.