Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Could we play 3-4-3? We always look dangerous when Diaby, Bailey & Watkins are on the field together.

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Carlos Pau Ligne

CashΒ  Β DougieΒ  McGinnΒ  Moreno

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Bailey Watkins Diaby

Leaves Ramsay, Rogers & Tielmans on the bench to come on and change things up

It's like the footballing gods have had a good look at Villa and thought 'no these fans are enjoying themselves far too much'.

We have been shat on for about 6 weeks. Stalling in the league, our annual short-lived FA Cup run, and now more season-ending injuries.Β 

Ever since the Sheffield game. Felt like a sliding doors moment to go top, we didn't, and have been largely underwhelming since.

And the Bartons closed. Damm you, Damm you all to hell.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Don't forget the Var disallowed goal in that home game with Sheffield United (or how disappointed some of us were by the announcement that we weren't doing the North Stand redevelopment)Β 

Edit, crap, forgot to quote Fun Factory! I was replying to your post.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Is it possible that something in our training programme / squad management is making players more vulnerable to this kind of injury? Or is it just pure bad luck?

I personally think Kamara will be a big miss. Yes we can clearly still win games without him, and have in the past, but so many of the partnerships in the side are being disrupted at the moment.

It’s one thing having him out when we have all our defenders fully fit, it’s another when the DM has to cover a second string back line.

I’d like to hope Iroegbunam is ready, but more likely Dougie is going to drop back or Dendoncker starts*.
Either way that feels like a big downgrade in what we can do with the ball (in Dougie’s case because we lose him further up the pitch).

* This is impossible as he is out on loan, so superb analysis from me here.

Edited by KentVillan

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Is it possible that something in our training programme / squad management is making players more vulnerable to this kind of injury? Or is it just pure bad luck?

It was raised earlier in the season that alarming number of ACLs across all clubs and blaming players stopping and starting for VAR checks and games lasting longer with ridiculous added time. In rugby league when interchange forward comes off he gets straight on exercise bike on side of field before his next spell. Can't be good standing around for minutes with the VAR checks

Yes Kamara will be miss, but maybe Tim can be our Bobby or Mainoo… young gun have no fear and they often make up lack with the lack of experience with enthusiasm, new ideas & creativity..Β 

7 hours ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Good thread worth a read imo

What he failed to say was clinging on to false beliefs ultimately ends in worse pain.

It's over. Move on.Β 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Good thread worth a read imo

Thanks for sharing. He's bang right... perhaps a siege mentality can galvanise the team and fanbase and seep out performances from the lads. I think they will. UTV!!

15 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

Thanks for sharing. He's bang right... perhaps a siege mentality can galvanise the team and fanbase and seep out performances from the lads. I think they will. UTV!!

Some of our fanbase have waved the white flag already πŸ˜‚

• Like 2

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚