Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

remember the people who said we didn't, need a DM in January........

This is a massive loss, IMO it is probably bye bye CL

Pretty sure people said we couldnt afford one which is a lot different

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Pretty sure people said we couldnt afford one which is a lot different

Signed a bunch of players that would have totalled at least a top loan player until the end of the season

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Is it possible that we could play a non-CM in the kamara role to shore us up a bit in there-e.g I could imagine Torres playing there, or maybe Moreno? 

Highly doubtful

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Signed a bunch of players that would have totalled at least a top loan player until the end of the season

Thats not true since the two biggest defensive midfielders on loan that moved in January was the fat donkey Phillips and our own Dendoncker

was no top loan players available

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats not true since the two biggest defensive midfielders on loan that moved in January was the fat donkey Phillips and our own Dendoncker

was no top loan players available

err we have no idea who was available as we aren't agents that's number one, and a choice between Phillips for 5 months or no player, I would have taken that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

I can't decide what I'm more confused about here:

Plan ahead by using the benefit of hindsight? Plan ahead by not planning ahead??

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I can't decide what I'm more confused about here:

Plan ahead by using the benefit of hindsight? Plan ahead by not planning ahead??

One is making some bets on prospects
The other isn't hindsight we had ONE DM, it was obvious we needed another

45 minutes ago, paul514 said:

One is making some bets on prospects
The other isn't hindsight we had ONE DM, it was obvious we needed another

I'm surprised you don't work in football in some capacity seeing as you seem to be the oracle.

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Phillips wouldn't go to any club unless he was pretty much guaranteed first team footy.

This is the key thing, it's all good and well trying to get cover in but are we going to get anyone who can even do a better job in that spot than McGinn or Tielemans? Dendoncker was cover and it's clear he was behind them two. Most players looking for a loan are after first team football and not moving to play backup.

When we lose key players we aren't going to be able to cover it, few clubs can. I think our big issue is that we only have one way of playing and when Pau/Konsa/Luiz/Kamara aren't there it has a big impact. You can swap Diaby/Bailey/Ramsey/McGinn around a fair bit but that core falls apart when a couple of them are missing.

I think we could copy City's inverted LB formation, Konsa, Carlos, Lenglet with Pau as an inverted LB helping Luiz in possession. Allows McGinn and Tielemans to push up infront of them with Ramsey and Bailey out wide. Of course we can't learn that halfway through a season but I do think we need to be able to have more flexibility in how we set up at times.

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

I'm surprised you don't work in football in some capacity seeing as you seem to be the oracle.

it wasn't a hard prediction to make now was it? Form, fatigue and injury exist

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

This is the key thing, it's all good and well trying to get cover in but are we going to get anyone who can even do a better job in that spot than McGinn or Tielemans? Dendoncker was cover and it's clear he was behind them two. Most players looking for a loan are after first team football and not moving to play backup.

When we lose key players we aren't going to be able to cover it, few clubs can. I think our big issue is that we only have one way of playing and when Pau/Konsa/Luiz/Kamara aren't there it has a big impact. You can swap Diaby/Bailey/Ramsey/McGinn around a fair bit but that core falls apart when a couple of them are missing.

I think we could copy City's inverted LB formation, Konsa, Carlos, Lenglet with Pau as an inverted LB helping Luiz in possession. Allows McGinn and Tielemans to push up infront of them with Ramsey and Bailey out wide. Of course we can't learn that halfway through a season but I do think we need to be able to have more flexibility in how we set up at times.

I don't expect Emery will change how we play

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

This is the key thing, it's all good and well trying to get cover in but are we going to get anyone who can even do a better job in that spot than McGinn or Tielemans?

Tielemans cannot unless you want relegation form

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don’t remember this mass hysteria last season when Kamara was out injured. We did just fine as I recall.

People were gutted that he was injured IIRC, but it wasn't an ACL, so of course there would be less disappointment. Plus we're already in the middle of an injury crisis right now.

Edited by Tom13

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

People were gutted that he was injured IIRC, but it wasn't an ACL, so of course there would be less disappointment. Plus we're already in the middle of an injury crisis right now.

I wasn’t talking about they type of injury, obviously it’s disappointing he’s picked up a season ending injury. I was referring to people thinking we aren’t going to win another game without Kamara, when we managed without him last season and went on a great run. Pau is back, and hopefully Konsa won’t be far behind him.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I wasn’t talking about they type of injury, obviously it’s disappointing he’s picked up a season ending injury. I was referring to people thinking we aren’t going to win another game without Kamara, when we managed without him last season and went on a great run. Pau is back, and hopefully Konsa won’t be far behind him.

We will win another game, we won’t finish in the CL without a DCM

• Like 2

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

I know you weren't. But I'm saying there's more hysteria because we're going to be without him for longer and there's a risk he may not return the same player, although I'm hopeful he will.

Edited by Tom13

Â