Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

**** we've had the worst injuries of any team this season by a long way.

All would be guaranteed starters except perhaps Emi who would've been at least a heavily used rotation player:

Mings - whole season
Buendia - whole season effectively bar perhaps a month at the end
Kamara - whole second half of the season and who knows when back next
Pau - about 8 games?
Moreno - 8 games missed and struggled when back
Ramsey  - as above
Konsa - will miss 4-5 games it seems

Digne with a hamstring injury since late December.

39 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Newborn curse. Struck Ollie around the same times and he took a nosedive in form too.

Family man pros - not drunk at training and not hitting the tequila the night before a match.

Family man cons - constantly sleep deprived.

Surely they have enough money to hire a night nurse?!

But it is true. Happened to Guzan too. 

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Surely they have enough money to hire a night nurse?!

But it is true. Happened to Guzan too. 

They probably do - but those first 3 months are rough on everyone. Bouba doesn't seem to go out a lot so he's probably at home helping otherwise.

Fine if you have a desk job and a night nurse. Not so fine when you've got to pinch the ball off rat face for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Devastating blow this, we'll struggle to finish 5th now as midfield will have to be reshaped and having to drop Luiz and McGinn simply won't play to their strengths in last 12 months.

An 11 point lead over Man Utd would've been much easier to protect without Kamara. 

The loss and the injury are a 1-2 punch to the testicles.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

An 11 point lead over Man Utd would've been much easier to protect without Kamara. 

The loss and the injury are a 1-2 punch to the testicles.

Even eight and I think we'd have been o.k (just).

Five just seems too fragile now, basically two defeats or even two draws in a role and they win two and suddenly there's just a point in it.

Gutted about the Kamara news and wish him all the best in his recovery.

Although we'll be missing a key player this is an opportunity for someone else to come into the team and perform. Let's hope they make the most of it. UTV!

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Even eight and I think we'd have been o.k (just).

Five just seems too fragile now, basically two defeats or even two draws in a role and they win two and suddenly there's just a point in it.

It’s 6 points realistically as we have about 20 goals better on GD but still without bouba it’s a big ask given as we saw yesterday Utd are a god awful team but reputation alone will see them win more games than they should. Can’t see anyone other than them catching us unless we hardly pick up a point 

• Like 1

Much as I think this sucks, it could also be a blessing in disguise.

He's a good player but too casual for me when in posession against opposition that press us high up the pitch. I've lost count of the number of times he's easily handed possesion to the opponent in a dangerous area and we've conceded a goal or a big chance.

It could be the making of Tim if we throw him in now, we've got 3 'lesser' opponents coming up and I would like to see him get significant minutes.

Edited by CosmicVillan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Long haikus spill forth,

Words overflow, lost in length,

Trim down, too many lines.

Mine was just poor typing, certainly not a poem, but your reply made me chuckle. 

• Thanks 1

Just seen the news. 

I'm gutted. He's one of my favorite players, he's going to be a massive miss. 

It'll be an achievement if we reach the end of the season being able to field 11 players let alone finish top 5. Our luck is ridiculous with these things 😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

You're more positive than me. I've seen this all before, we can never see things through as a club, either through bad luck or bad decisions or weak mentality or all three of those things. 

I was looking forward to the Spurs game a few weeks ago, today's news means I've decided not to go. Call me a bad fan, maybe I am, but I just can't stand watching everything go to sh*t as it usually does. 

This news reminds me of when we lost Laursen in 2008, in fact there are seriously disturbing comparisons to that season being seen in this season and the same mistakes and misfortune taking shape again. 

It's seriously hard work following his club and total agony more often than not. Sorry but it's true. 

David O'Leary says hello

• Like 1

Â