Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Not sure Kamara’s injury will be as big a loss as some might think. His form recently has been patchy at best while I’ve also thought that Villa’s midfield is just too similar with a lack of physicality or pace.

Iroegbunam must be given a chance now and will add that physicality which the Villa midfield is currently missing rather than moving McGinn or Luiz. 

Alternatively it might also force Emery into a tactical change how Villa play with Rogers getting more game time? Villa’s midfield needed freshening up anyway so while Kamara’’s injury is unfortunate, it could also add a little boost to Villa in the run in?

We should have signed Kalvin Phillips 😂

3 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Cruciate ligament injuries do not prevent walking, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yes.  When I tore my ACL I was up walking after a few minutes and actually tried to play on afterwards.  Got this nasty, horrible pain initially that was unlike anything I'd ever had, but then once that subsided I was walking and moving quite comfortably. The ACL is responsible for stability in the knee when pivoting.  I did mine at age 36 and the surgeon actually gave me the option of doing nothing and living without the repair - he said it would have stopped me playing most sports though, so I got the surgery.  Surgery was relatively straightforward.  Long and often painful rehab was the worst part, you basically have to rebuild your leg muscles, especially the quad.  

31 minutes ago, striker said:

Not sure Kamara’s injury will be as big a loss as some might think. His form recently has been patchy at best while I’ve also thought that Villa’s midfield is just too similar with a lack of physicality or pace.

Iroegbunam must be given a chance now and will add that physicality which the Villa midfield is currently missing rather than moving McGinn or Luiz. 

Alternatively it might also force Emery into a tactical change how Villa play with Rogers getting more game time? Villa’s midfield needed freshening up anyway so while Kamara’’s injury is unfortunate, it could also add a little boost to Villa in the run in?

No.

• Like 1

We might have to tweak the system then now, I don't think we have a player who can do what he does for us. This is a huge blow for us we've been very unlucky with injuries. We definitely need Torres back to mitigate this a bit, we might be able to compensate by playing 3 CBs where Torres then comes in to the midfield when we have the ball.

50 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

While I fully agree we need to maintain positivity, this revisionist idea that Kamara wasn’t actually all that important and will be relatively easy to replace is patently false.

100%

We were shit without him for the games he was suspended. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grantholtgolazo said:

While I fully agree we need to maintain positivity, this revisionist idea that Kamara wasn’t actually all that important and will be relatively easy to replace is patently false.

He is a fundamentally key player and his loss is likely the final blow to our top 5 aspirations. 

A club can take only a certain amount of hits like this and we've had too many to get up from. 

We have no CDMs in our squad for the remainder of the season. We loaned Dendoncker out and lost Kamara. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

We should have signed Kalvin Phillips 😂

Judging a footballer on one and a half games having not played for a long time is mind numbing.

So sad , for the boy..

The fact we are so, short in this position, is not his fault.....so we go, with what we have.

There is another boy, who might get his chance, sadly, thats how football works.

sometimes, clouds do have silver linings.

28 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

download.webp

The funniest thing is I pounced all over this when someone spelt it like that the other day, now I've done the same :D

Edited by Tom13

2 hours ago, striker said:

Judging a footballer on one and a half games having not played for a long time is mind numbing.

And judging him on form that he hasn't shown for 3 years isn't?

It's one of the key positions and we have nobody anywhere near the same level as him to.replace. nobody can say top 5 is finished now as we have Pau to come back and Ramsey looked good Sunday. I wish him.a speedy recovery and hopefully be 100% for the start of next season 

48 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The funniest thing is I pounced all over this when someone spelt it like that the other day, now I've done the same :D

I mean why is Kamala even in your auto-correct is another question… 

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I mean why is Kamala even in your auto-correct is another question… 

No idea, was on my work Mac. Safari behaves weirdly with autocorrect.

Â