Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

29 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Give me a break with this glass half full shit, we've had 4 ACLs in one season.

Fans are entitled to see this as incredibly bad luck, because it is.

Toxic positivity is just as bad as toxic negativity, the facts are the facts.

Enjoy your football much do you?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Nobody is taking issue with you giving your medical opinion. All I was doing was pointing out that the club (seemingly at least) have given a recovery timeframe of 4-5 months but you essentially doubled it based on just looking at the injury from afar. At the end of the day, on this specific injury the club are going to know more than you.

This is the last medical-related post I'm going to make and please kill me if I go back on it.

But if, as Ornstein is saying, it is an ACL injury and if, as Ornstein is saying, he having it reconstructed (which is the only surgery you would have for an ACL injury) you are looking more at 6-9 months than 4-5 months regardless of the individual specifics of the injury or the player involved. I remember that years ago Robert Baggio insanely returned at 3 months but we seem to have moved away from that temporary insanity.

I am stopping now. It's not you, it's me.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We’re 5th and in the knockout stages of a European competition.

I’m assuming you expected us to win the league this season.

Getting into the Top 4 and then collapsing is what we do anytime we think we are in with a chance. It's a far worse experience than just having a mid table season. 

I do hate this football club. It's a curse to ever support it. Football is more poison and pain and disappointment than any tiny bit of false joy that it brings.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's just so damn deflating though. Not just the three (three, ffs) ACLs, but Moreno was flying - was then injured for what seemed like a life time, Pau was flying, same happened to him, I mean how many games has he missed now? Same with JJ.

I’m deflated and upset too… but I’m not going to “give up” on the season and what will still be, and by far, the best since we returned to PL…

I know our manager and players will work their asses off to win points and games… as long as they’re not giving up… I’m sure they have a “never say die” attitude… there is plenty to play for and we have players returning to fitness and form also… there are positives amongst all of the negatives…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We have no one else who can play that role.

Hence why I said adapt our shape.  It’s incredibly bad news!

Now we still have some incredibly talented midfielders, we are going to have to play differently in a way that a detailed DM isn’t needed.  I don’t know what that is but Emery will have Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn, JJ and Tim at his disposal to figure it out.  

I’m sure Emery will figure it out and we’ll continue our fight for a CL spot.

Season is far from over, we just have to adapt.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Now we still have some incredibly talented midfielders, we are going to have to play differently in a way that a detailed DM isn’t needed.  I don’t know what that is but Emery will have Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn, JJ and Tim at his disposal to figure it out.  

True, Emery can come up with something I'm sure. Southgate's head would explode without a recognised DM to select.

2 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

This is the last medical-related post I'm going to make and please kill me if I go back on it.

But if, as Ornstein is saying, it is an ACL injury and if, as Ornstein is saying, he having it reconstructed (which is the only surgery you would have for an ACL injury) you are looking more at 6-9 months than 4-5 months regardless of the individual specifics of the injury or the player involved. I remember that years ago Robert Baggio insanely returned at 3 months but we seem to have moved away from that temporary insanity.

I am stopping now. It's not you, it's me.

The simple fact is though that you don't have access to the player - none of us do. Only the club do. We can only really go on what they're saying, and don't forget they have their own physios.

That's all I'm saying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Getting into the Top 4 and then collapsing is what we do anytime we think we are in with a chance. It's a far worse experience than just having a mid table season. 

I do hate this football club. It's a curse to ever support it. Football is more poison and pain and disappointment than any tiny bit of false joy that it brings.

Ok. Now I know you’re on the wind up.

We’ll probably see a McGinn and Luiz partnership that did well last season, better than it had done previously and John is so much better under Unai…

We have coped without Bouba before…

And… maybe we can look forward to seeing whether Tim can really step up and grasp this opportunity now… I doubt there are many of us who have seen enough of him to be able to make a proper judgement on that… but I was surprised and encouraged by Unai’s comments on him and how he and his coaching team have worked with and tested him…

Never give up… keep fighting… 🦁 

Shocking bad luck although at least he walked off the pitch unlike the horrible images of Mings up at Newcastle, hopefully that means it’s not as serious and the 5 month prognosis is accurate and he’s back for the start of next season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

True, Emery can come up with something I'm sure. Southgate's head would explode without a recognised DM to select.

We may even (keeping my head down) fall onto a better midfield combination.  

I absolutely love Kamara!

You never know though, a change in midfield set up may lead to an upturn in our play.  Everybody thinks it’ll definitely turn downwards but it could, with the talent remaining also turn out good if any of the three of Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans and Ramsey turn in a cracking midfield trio.  It’s not beyond us.  Even Ramsey left side, McGinn right and Dougie and Tielemans in the centre doesn’t look too bad.  So just more of a narrow four man midfield.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We may even (keeping my head down) fall onto a better midfield combination.  

I absolutely love Kamara!

You never know though, a change in midfield set up may lead to an upturn in our play.  Everybody thinks it’ll definitely turn downwards but it could, with the talent remaining also turn out good if any of the three of Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans and Ramsey turn in a cracking midfield trio.  It’s not beyond us.  Even Ramsey left side, McGinn right and Dougie and Tielemans in the centre doesn’t look too bad.  So just more of a narrow four man midfield.

Thanks nick… it’s a good point… we may find a better mix for now… I hate that the injury has happened and he is crucial for us but… Bouba has been out of form and made some mistakes… maybe some sort of change may somehow improve us in the short term…

We shouldn’t rule Tim out either… he could surprise us… we’ll just have to wait and see..

I don’t think Youri is much good in central midfield, hasn’t been so far for us, much more effective in an attacking role. John will be taking on more defensive responsibility I presume… we coped without Bouba last season too and he looked great alongside Luiz…

35 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Add that to our general collapse and we'll see a rapid drop off.

Season was over before he got injured. It's beyond over now.

Might as well sack Emery then, rehire Gerrard and go back to fighting relegation.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You're more positive than me. I've seen this all before, we can never see things through as a club, either through bad luck or bad decisions or weak mentality or all three of those things. 

I was looking forward to the Spurs game a few weeks ago, today's news means I've decided not to go. Call me a bad fan, maybe I am, but I just can't stand watching everything go to sh*t as it usually does. 

This news reminds me of when we lost Laursen in 2008, in fact there are seriously disturbing comparisons to that season being seen in this season and the same mistakes and misfortune taking shape again. 

It's seriously hard work following his club and total agony more often than not. Sorry but it's true. 

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Take a deep breath. Its only football. Its not that important in the grand scheme of things. 

I say that as someone who is just as disappointed as many on here about this injury. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

At least I know I can add you to the ignore list now.

Â