Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

That was a horrible but enjoyable first half, Everton are playing really physically with lots of rough and tumble and we are playing their game instead of our own, even without any solid chances though I really enjoyed that half, scrappy frenetic 100mph stuff

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Slightly lucky to be ahead I reckon, we've not played at all well, Digne has looked nervous and we've carried Coutinho for much of the half.

Doucoure has too much space in the middle of the park, Richarlison should have been booked four times and they look good down their left.

Just needs a bit of organisation, a bit of galvanising and we can definitely do these.

The bottle throwing is a disgrace.

I rarely disagree with you but I thought we deserve to be in front. 

The rest of the post I totally agree with

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Lucozade bottle.

There's way to much of this in the game at the moment - there should be a police charge for whoever threw it when they identify him.

Agree, been a game or two called off in France recently I believe for it.

Some people are just absolute arseholes. Could get easily be an assault charge id have thought. 

1 minute ago, Icarium said:

There is a simple way to fix the whole words removed who throw bottles. Something gets thrown on the pitch by a fan. That team forfeits the match. If it takes until after the match to sort it out, the result on the pitch is replaced with a forfeit loss

Good idea in theory, but then you'd have away fans sneaking into the home crowd and vice versa...

Buendia has been head and shoulders the best player on the pitch and absolutely deserves the goal.

Cash has been lively down the right and Ramsey has played well.

McGinn started well but faded and Luiz needs to get on the ball more.

Even first half, but we have the ability to push on from here.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

Bunch of saddos

Absolute bell end

Even a small bit of liquid in there being thrown will have some impact on it, especially when you don't see it coming

And to be fair to them both they got up and didn't make too much out of it 

Mings, Konsa and MArtinez all super solid - think Konsa has been the pick of the bunch but credit to Martinez for bailing out Digne after that error who's been a bit ropey. Buendia has been immense - what a player he's turning into. Coutinho is off the pace but a couple of nice touches and he takes up good positions. I'd like to see more from mcginn and Ramsay - when they get involved is when we start to make overloads and really press the advantage

• Like 1