• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Hause (Konsa 45)
    • Coutinho (Sanson 68)
    • Chukwuemeka (Ings 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/01/22 at 23:59

10 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

He has to start for me but with two from Buendia, Coutinho and/or Bailey flanking him and Ings on the bench.

I too would go with Watkins....but he has to improve his timing.

He tends to start runs at times, fractionally before he receives the ball and subsequently loses it, looks tentative at times....needs to read the game better.

Danny looks lost to me...not effective.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Looked like our players had butter on their boots in the first half. Couldn't control the ball whatsoever.

Incredible grit to come back in the 2nd half. Looked very promising after Lil' Phil came on.

Probably Austin MacPhee’s idea #MacPheeOut

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Just watched MOTD and it’s like it had MUTV’s guest editor in charge, you wouldn’t know we had more possession or shots on target (and the same shots at goal), it was like it was a Man Utd onslaught and we were hanging on despite 75% second half possession. Even the analysis was poor and rushed. Not great BBC.

MOTD has been pants for ages now. Its time Linekar and his comedy moved on

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Tbf I don't believe that intensity is sustainable over 90 minutes. 

Important as it is I don't believe you can just rely on work rate at this level.

Certainly not against top teams. 

You could argue that our comeback yesterday was partly down to United putting too much in to the early phase

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Certainly not against top teams. 

You could argue that our comeback yesterday was partly down to United putting too much in to the early phase

Sanson played well but I think he struggled with his role early on. He was trying to support Cash but they were easily doing 1 2’s around him leaving Cash exposed.  I think this is where a natural Defensive midfielder to keep mopping up in these situations is very important. It’s why Nakamba thrived. 

48 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Just watched MOTD and it’s like it had MUTV’s guest editor in charge, you wouldn’t know we had more possession or shots on target (and the same shots at goal), it was like it was a Man Utd onslaught and we were hanging on despite 75% second half possession. Even the analysis was poor and rushed. Not great BBC.

My theory is that when the footage was being edited, they have enough material early on to fill the MOTD quota, then just added in the villa bits because they need to show the goals. It's ManU.

All media are hypocritical dimwits, remember when the risks was losing the scum6 to the super league, turned on them sharpish and now it's never mentioned.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sanson played well but I think he struggled with his role early on. He was trying to support Cash but they were easily doing 1 2’s around him leaving Cash exposed.  I think this is where a natural Defensive midfielder to keep mopping up in these situations is very important. It’s why Nakamba thrived. 

When is he back? 

Â