• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Hause (Konsa 45)
    • Coutinho (Sanson 68)
    • Chukwuemeka (Ings 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/01/22 at 23:59

Ramsey MOTM for me, but Buendia close...

Ramsey had a great goal and assist and his energy was really crucial when Manure started to tire.

Referee was shocking, protected them way too much, it's obscene and blatant how much all referees seem to pander to them.

Pity we started the game so slow, I thought Villa would use the performance in the FA Cup and boss them but we were tame, slow, passive and just terrible for the first twenty-five minutes. We cannot afford to give the opposition the ascendency, Villa do it far too much.

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just got back from the game.  

We are determined to make things hard for ourselves.  

Disappointing first half, a lot better second half.

Watkins continues to frustrate, no idea what’s wrong him. Ings pressed hard but got no chances, surprised he got took off instead of Watkins

Buendia had some frustrating moments but otherwise I really liked him and gave him MOTM.

Ramsey poor first half, great second half

Liked the look of Digne

Coutinho is going to be magic!

Mings lost the plot several times

Felt so sorry for Martinez

Ref was incredibly poor

Agree with most of that, why was the ref poor ?

If I could vote for the fans around me in K7, I’d be asking if we could a lower option than very poor. Moody arseholes, I don’t know why some people bother going.

The bloke behind me was on his feet and screaming “you f******* c****” at Mings in the first minute.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, smg said:

Agree with most of that, why was the ref poor ?

Easy to give them free kicks but not use.  Their first goal started from a free kick they shouldn’t have had.  Ramsey should’ve got a free kick on the edge of the area for another.  The injury to Konsa…that’s just off the top of my head.

34 minutes ago, skell said:

Gerard knew we needed a left back attacking mid and a defensive mid. one more togo! If we get the right one we will be in a great position

It's just we've never played for 90 mins. We play well for parts of games. It's infuriating. 

Edited by CVByrne

34 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ramsey MOTM for me, but Buendia close...

Ramsey had a great goal and assist and his energy was really crucial when Manure started to tire.

Referee was shocking, protected them way too much, it's obscene and blatant how much all referees seem to pander to them.

Pity we started the game so slow, I thought Villa would use the performance in the FA Cup and boss them but we were tame, slow, passive and just terrible for the first twenty-five minutes. We cannot afford to give the opposition the ascendency, Villa do it far too much.

Buendia clearly MOTM. Ramsey was missing for the whole first half and was lucky not to be tugged.

• Like 3

Not sure where to start really.

Given the circumstances that we were 2 down versus United with 25 to go a draw is a great result. However this is a poor united side and was there for the taking.

Its kind of frusrtaing we have played them twice in less than a week and have been the better side in both games and have won neither. Today was a great opportunity to end our home league run versus them but we yet again gave a soft goal in the first half and ended up chasing the game.

Positives- Buendia best game for us by a mile. He is now settling in nicely. JJ's first goal at Villa. Magic Phil coming off the bench and equalising. The allez allez chant is over used but f**k me when it went 2-2 it was hair raising. Villa Park at its best.

Negatives- letting in soft goals again. Martinez drop in form is a worry. Cash not playing great either. Konsa now injured and we only have 1 central defender as back up.  Ings and Watking is never going to work and I wouldn't say no if we sold Ings this January and spent the money bringing a proper defensive midfielder. A expensive waste of money he does not fit our system. 

Its  work in progress, with good bits and bad. Some of our link play is excellent, we just need to be more clinical in the final third and stop giving stupid goals away and relying on a half time bollocking by Gerrard to up it in the second half.  That is why we will come mid table this season but next year could be very exciting. UTV.

• Like 2

With the signings of Digne and Coutinho, we now have a really strong squad, and I feel that we saw that today. You think the likes of McGinn, Bailey, Traore, Nakamba etc. missing and we still had really strong options.

Also, how often do we bring on players that positively influence the game like Coutinho and Chuk did. For years our substitutions have been to bring on fresh legs but it has pretty much always been an inferior quality of player coming on. Very exciting times.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not sure where to start really.

Given the circumstances that we were 2 down versus United with 25 to go a draw is a great result. However this is a poor united side and was there for the taking.

Its kind of frusrtaing we have played them twice in less than a week and have been the better side in both games and have won neither. Today was a great opportunity to end our home league run versus them but we yet again gave a soft goal in the first half and ended up chasing the game.

Positives- Buendia best game for us by a mile. He is now settling in nicely. JJ's first goal at Villa. Magic Phil coming off the bench and equalising. The allez allez chant is over used but f**k me when it went 2-2 it was hair raising. Villa Park at its best.

Negatives- letting in soft goals again. Martinez drop in form is a worry. Cash not playing great either. Konsa now injured and we only have 1 central defender as back up.  Ings and Watking is never going to work and I wouldn't say no if we sold Ings this January and spent the money bringing a proper defensive midfielder. A expensive waste of money he does not fit our system. 

Its  work in progress, with good bits and bad. Some of our link play is excellent, we just need to be more clinical in the final third and stop giving stupid goals away and relying on a half time bollocking by Gerrard to up it in the second half.  That is why we will come mid table this season but next year could be very exciting. UTV.

Completely different noise that chant after the equaliser. The place would have gone absolutely nuts with a winner. It felt like celebrations similar to goals v Blues.

Â