• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Hause (Konsa 45)
    • Coutinho (Sanson 68)
    • Chukwuemeka (Ings 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/01/22 at 23:59

Would loved to have beat them but a good comeback in the end. Thought we were poor first half and showed them far too much respect,  Martinez howler didn’t help as it gave them confidence and it effected us more than it should have. Second half was much better and what I expect from my team. If we can start playing well over 2 half’s we could be a good team, keep improving the first 11 we could be very good. 

Delighted to get a point after the two awful goals conceded. The first was just bizarre and set them up for a good half. The second was one of a few really poor / careless passes. The others we just about got away with but not that one. Cash also did a suicide pass as did someone else but didn't see who that was from where i was sitting. It's something we keep doing and it has to stop.

The first half was pretty much wrecked due to that kamikaze goal but the second i thought we were much better (other than the said sloppy passes). Great to see the impact Coutinho made and i thought Digne looked so much better than Targett offensively although am still a little unsure of him Defensively.

I thought our two strikers were pretty abysmal today. Watkins is just so slow & cumbersome on the ball and his finishing is woeful currently. Ings was anonnymous too.

Decent result from a situation i had written off personally so feels a bit like a win tbh.

4 points from that lot though..... i'll take that for where we are currently. 

As for the officials?? Well, it was a bit like the Old Trafford game in that all they had to do was fall over with or without contact and they got a Free kick. Luckily none of the happened in the area so the Ref did not have a decision he could make & VAR did not have the chance to impose it's usual corruption / Bias.

I did see Cavani pathetically attempt to make out he'd been fouled when he went down in the area as though in agony holding his achilles and grimacing for about 5 minutes but that was so blatant an attempt not even Mike Dean in the VAR room could take him up on it which is astonishing in itself

Again though thye could have had another few yellows for fouls on Konsa (Which injured him) and about 200 on Buendia barely any with cards. So a pretty obvious bias was prevalent yet again and i do not think it was a Free kick which led to their firstl goal either but then in fairness i didn't get the benefit of a replay. I also felt Ramsey was clearly fouled on the edge of their area but the ref unsurprisingly waved play on.

So no real opportinities for the corruption to truly show itself today.....but please don't forget Utd were winning after a few minutes and right up until 15 mins from the end it appeared they were going to win... It is in those instances that the officials tend not to intervene as it looks as though they are going to win with no need for corrupt decisions to come to their rescue

All in all 2-2 I'll take it. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Completely different noise that chant after the equaliser. The place would have gone absolutely nuts with a winner. It felt like celebrations similar to goals v Blues.

I thought we gave a bit of the momentum away after the equaliser. 

Like the game on Monday we dominated possession completed 120 more passes, had more shots on target and a higher xg , shows how far we have come cut out the mistakes and we are winning these type of matches comfortably, it really feels weird writing this after facing Man Utd.

My observations after what really was a game of two halves. Ramsey has the ability to drive with the ball that I feel we lack from others (I really like him and he is going to get better).  Watkins form has fallen off a cliff but I am optimistic that he will find a higher level. Beundia had a huge game. He really delivered today and I loved that glancing header that against another keeper would have gone in. Digne was excellent going forward and I look forward to seeing what he can do once he settles. Martinez picked himself up nicely after his mistake which is a quality I really like. Can't believe more people didn't give Coutinho MOTM. He pulled 2 goals back against Man Utd. Even sweeter after a Man Utd fan in work said he would be a flop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Really pleased I threw a massive strop and stopped watching at 2-0 FFS. at least the players have more faith than me. 

They dug deep and it was a valiant comeback.....but crikey, they make life hard for themselves.

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Aain though thye could have had another few yellows for fouls on Konsa (Which injured him) and about 200 on Buendia barely any with cards. So a pretty obvious bias was prevalent yet again and i do not think it was a Free kick which led to their firstl goal either but then in fairness i didn't get the benefit of a replay. I also felt Ramsey was clearly fouled on the edge of their area but the ref unsurprisingly waved play on.

So no real opportinities for the corruption to truly show itself today.....but please don't forget Utd were winning after a few minutes and right up until 15 mins from the end it appeared they were going to win... It is in those instances that the officials tend not to intervene as it looks as though they are going to win with no need for corrupt decisions to come to their rescue

A definite foul on Ramsey from Matic (I think) which would have meant a second yellow for him, the referee bottled it.

• Like 1

I take nothing away from the headline makers....Coutinho, JJ and Buendia.

but I thought Carney showed some really significant moments when he came on, switching from deep to attack, winning duels and an appetite to challenge.

I think he will get more game time....He seems very versatile to me and elusive.

• Like 4

Just now, TRO said:

I take nothing away from the headline makers....Coutinho, JJ and Buendia.

but I thought Carney showed some really significant moments when he came on, switching from deep to attack, winning duels and an appetite to challenge.

I think he will get more game time....He seems very versatile to me and elusive.

Carney got a lot of the same attributes to Pogba. 

Big and powerful lad. Good feet, can carry the ball and his passing is very good. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kevpants said:

I'm content rather than happy.

Let's not let the comeback detract from the fact that was a 2/10 perfromance from Watkins. He can't keep starting.

He has to start for me but with two from Buendia, Coutinho and/or Bailey flanking him and Ings on the bench.

• Like 1

Â