Lucas Digne

villan-scott

Dislocated shoulder was it? As looked like he had his arm in his shirt, not been impressed with him so far, mate who’s an Everton fan said he’s always injured and proving right so far

• Like 1

I'd rather have kept Targett and tried to sign Hickey with the money myself.  I don't think Digne is bad but I'd want more than 'not bad' for an established player coming in as one of our highest earners, with his value likely to drop rapidly in a couple of seasons.  Hopefully he can get better luck with his injuries, I hope he isn't out for too long and we have to rely on Young.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Luckily we have old man Young to fill in.

Would rather see Chrisene get some minutes aside from the Liverpool and City games, but I have a feeling we won't see the youth at all now.

So frustrating. Always looks back, indecision in runs forward means no one knows if you put a through ball in or not, never picks out a cross just boots it in the box, no pace, no tricks, always injured, can’t move after 40 odd mins….great use of our jan transfer budget. 

oh… and we sack off our player of the season last year for the privilege…..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Out for the season with a collarbone injury potentially according to gerrard. 

Fantastic 🙄

not great ofc....but get Chrisene in for some time as we play out the season.

(assuming we dont weirdly get dragged in to the relegation battle....)

3 hours ago, WHY said:

Looks another poor signing imo. Would argue he’s been worse than Targett was.

Certainly worse than Targett has been for Newcastle, which should ring all sorts of alarm bells.

Whilst he certainly hasn’t been great he hasn’t been any worse than Targett. I’m not really understanding the criticism Digne is getting, particularly as a new member of a misfiring team.

Have we already forgotten about Targett looking like a lost lamb as he was rinsed over and over at United?

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WHY said:

Looks another poor signing imo. Would argue he’s been worse than Targett was.

Easily has been.

I just don't see it at all; I know he starts for France and acknowledge that this demonstrates a strong level of natural talent, but he's offered us absolutely nothing that Targett didn't offer on much lower wages. 

Really poor start to his Villa career - has he had a single really strong game for us yet? For all that we debate the significance of Targett's POTS award last year,  there can be no denying that he was regularly the best player on the park, with or without Jack in front of him. Digne looks a long old way away from that type of performance

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

Whilst he certainly hasn’t been great he hasn’t been any worse than Targett. I’m not really understanding the criticism Digne is getting, particularly as a new member of a misfiring team.

Have we already forgotten about Targett looking like a lost lamb as he was rinsed over and over at United?

I'm just a bit worried that we will be paying him well over £100k until he is 33 and that we will making more of these signings.  He needs to make a big impression on the squad this and next season to make the outlay worth it imo.

• Like 1

I think, long term Digne will turn out to be very decent.  He's come in to a side that is in serious transition tactically.  Next season will be the time to assess him properly.  His service quality is far better and he can get past a man.   Too easy to say he's no better than Targett, when Targett only ever looked decent with no fans in stadiums.  The same Targett who started the season very poorly and wanted to cut and run as soon as he had serious competition for his place.  He also spent his first season with us coming off injured just as much as Digne has....then miraculously recovering to play the next match.  Don't get me wrong, I like Targett, but he's not as good as he's being made out to be, and he clearly didn't want to fight for his place.... 

• Like 2

Â