Lucas Digne

villan-scott

35 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Can understand why he wouldn't want to shit himself on national TV in front of thousands of people tbh. 

Dont worry we had two players in mcginn and konsa who shate themselves on the pitch instead

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't think he has been to be honest. Defensively i think he hasnt been as good as targett.

The number one priority was a dm not a left back in January. Targett only opted to move because we signed digne. 

Its not one or the other though. We haven't not signed a DM because we signed a LB. 

Digne became available and we swooped in and got him. When players like that become available then you have to move quickly 

We'll sign a DM this summer*

*imagine if we don't :lol:

• Like 2

Digne hasn't been as good as Targett was last season either. As on December 31st, one of our biggest needs is still competition at Fullback and, in particular Left back. It's just an annoying situation to be in as we spent £27m on the position and yet our need remains the same. 

Disclaimer: I appreciate Digne is a good signing and an upgrade on this season's Targett. I'm merely saying in a list of needs pre-January and post-January 'competition at Left back' remains the same and it's frustrating

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Cash had hamstring problems last season too. He's played every game this season so far. These niggles heal well over summer

3 Nations League games in the summer

18 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Two Imodium.  Problem sorted.

If he's anything like me it'll have been the crippling cramps, cold sweats, and inability to walk straight that would've been the issue, not the actual shitting

Not just the shitting, sweats, cramps.... but the fact he's suffering from them suggests he'd also be low on fluids and energy. So a bit of a no brainer to bring him off. In the modern game if you're not at 100% you're going to get exposed. Especially when you're not very good defensively anyway and your game relies on you running the full length of the pitch regularly.

Edited by MrBlack
Typos
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not just the shifting, sweats, cramps.... but the fact he's suffering from them suggests he'd also be low on fluids and energy. So a bit of a no brainer to bring him off. In the modern game if you're not at 100% you're going to get exposed. Especially when you're not very good defensively anyway and you're game relies on your running the full length of the pitch regularly.

Yeah, he'd have been crazy low on fluids if he'd been sitting on the can before the game. I'm not sure why he was in the starting XI if the condition was known before the game. There's no way he'd have been in any state to play at all. It's easy to laugh at him having the shits, but honestly that can really knock you for 6

• Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 17:53, david-avfc said:

I understand why Targett wanted to leave as Gerrard had clearly indicated he wanted to go in a different direction from Targett.

It kind of looks like poor man management to me, Targett was a very solid player last season but was obviously struggling for confidence.  Instead of building him back up the manager just went straight into the transfer window to splash the cash on a big money replacement of questionable long term value to the club. No wonder Targett didn’t want to hang around and the speed in which it unfolded suggests it couldn’t have been managed very well behind the scenes, and as you say, being unable to convince him to stay for 6 months doesn’t look very good either.

So far I wouldn’t say Digne looks any better than an in-form Targett, and Digne also seems to miss more games than Targett our lack of cover appears even more exposed.

That criticism of Digne, doesn't make targett any better, did you see Targetts performance against Spurs.....his positional play was pants.

On 03/04/2022 at 18:08, Xela said:

Its not one or the other though. We haven't not signed a DM because we signed a LB. 

Digne became available and we swooped in and got him. When players like that become available then you have to move quickly 

We'll sign a DM this summer*

*imagine if we don't :lol:

Stop it😀

Â