Lucas Digne

villan-scott

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Might be back for last two games of season Gerrard said

So he could be back in time to beat Man City.

This injury is a real pain. Young has done well many times this season but at left back he's a liability, opponents target him. 

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

On 15/04/2022 at 12:33, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've mentioned a few times, I wasn't against getting Digne in, but releasing Targett at the same time was quite stupid IMO.

My undertanding is, an offer came in and he wanted to take it, and the club, didn't stand in his way.

I guess its down to who was miffed first....him or the club or more a financial decision.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

So he could be back in time to beat Man City.

This injury is a real pain. Young has done well many times this season but at left back he's a liability, opponents target him. 

At 36/37 it’s probably difficult for him to step in once every couple of months and immediately have the required level of match sharpness. With a run of games, he might be more solid. 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wait... What?

FB_IMG_1651150178477-min.jpg

The Irish Villan on YouTube offered some very encouraging stats when Digne's signing was first mooted but I can't say I've seen anything impressive since he signed.

I think Targett's good form at Newcastle is down to him being given a role which suits him better.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The Irish Villan on YouTube offered some very encouraging stats when Digne's signing was first mooted but I can't say I've seen anything impressive since he signed.

I think Targett's good form at Newcastle is down to him being given a role which suits him better.

I'm wondering if there are certain things players might actually do well, or better than fans think, do to it by being clear to the eye or flashy?

The stay actually surprised me if I'm honest 

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah but m8, Digne isnt good enough for us.

Coutinho also, not good enough for us.

mate.

Well yes, mate.

They are both over 27, therefore they are pensioners on obscene wages that will set the club back years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to his physio's instagram he could be back for Crystal Palace (final 3 games of the season).

https://instagram.com/jeremiemadonna_sportphysio?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

French translated to.

Was originally supposed to be out 8 weeks

Digne is a « robot », official delay reduced to 6

in theory, this means he should be able to play competitively by May 15

Edited by AshVilla
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm wondering if there are certain things players might actually do well, or better than fans think, do to it by being clear to the eye or flashy?

The stay actually surprised me if I'm honest 

Happens all the time imo.

Also these kinds of one-off specific stats shouldn't be taken too seriously. I could just as easily do one relating to his successful pressures percentage in which he's one of the worst in the league. Its not uncommon for a player to have some very high defensive stats and some very low defensive stats at the same time.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Happens all the time imo.

Also these kinds of one-off specific stats shouldn't be taken too seriously. I could just as easily do one relating to his successful pressures percentage in which he's one of the worst in the league. Its not uncommon for a player to have some very high defensive stats and some very low defensive stats at the same time.

Cherry-picking specific stats is also very useful if you want to discredit a player online. Choose a stat that supports your view, pick the most suitable time period and you can prove almost anything. Some stats are also random by nature, like "error leading directly to a goal" where errors aren't counted as long as the attackers can't finish.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Still early days, get the right team and tactics and this man is key.

Yes, It’s quite obvious he’s better than Target , obviously he needs to build  match fitness and stay injury free, but anybody saying he’s a downgrade on Target is just in denial.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes, It’s quite obvious he’s better than Target , obviously he needs to build  match fitness and stay injury free, but anybody saying he’s a downgrade on Target is just in denial.

I don't think many people at all have suggested he's a downgrade, just that he's not a significant enough upgrade we should have been prioritising it over spending the money on midfield.

Good game today though!

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think many people at all have suggested he's a downgrade, just that he's not a significant enough upgrade we should have been prioritising it over spending the money on midfield.

Good game today though!

the problem is, the better players you buy, the steeper the cost curve.

There are many, many 10m or less players, but when you start getting to the mountain face of higher end purchases, the cost for marginal improvement explodes.

(as below - apologies for my terrible drawing lol)

Yeah the below isnt.....matching reality, but you see my point.....

image.png.349e2c538eeb9580d8b24e42f1c26b0b.png

Edited by MaVilla

Was doing some totting up on the train coming back:

He's started 10 game for us now (when he's lasted more than 10 minutes) and we have kept five clean sheets so it dosen't really add up to this guy being one of the worst LBs in the league or whatever the VT faithful are regularly stating.

Considering I wasn't expecting him to play again this season I thought he was a pretty good outlet on the left for us for first hour before he tired and we could barely string any passes together.

Think he'll be better next season aswell once he's fully settled in and he knows a decent DM can plug the gaps behind him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Good game today though!

We had money to sign a DM in Jan, just Brighton turned down the bid for Bissouma and Bentancur chose to go to Spurs so makes no sense to then sign someone 4th or 5th down the list. Wait until the summer but also strengthen other areas of the team in meantime.

It's been very disjointed start here but hopefully he can stay fit for last few games so can hit the ground running in August.

• Like 1

Â