Lucas Digne

villan-scott

It's like our staff didn't look at his injury record.. he's been one of the most injury prone players in the premier league for years.. baffling decision, I kind of get signing him, but letting Targett go (even if unhappy) was bafflling

Edit: just checked, he's actually played more than I thought.. wonder where I had the idea of him being injury prone from :D

Edited by Chicken Field

Just now, Xela said:

He is France's number 1 left back. He's good enough for us. 

I don't care if he's Frances whatever. I don't think he's better than Cash, just for comparison. He is defensively suspect, and does quite well on the flank going forward. I guess I'm expecting too much.

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I don't care if he's Frances whatever. I don't think he's better than Cash, just for comparison. He is defensively suspect, and does quite well on the flank going forward. I guess I'm expecting too much.

I think he'll be fine next season. He's a quality player, once he's settled he'll be great. 

• Like 4

Nothing wrong with Digne as a player. Form has dropped along with the rest of the team. Summer can't come quick enough for the squad. They're on holiday mode already. Meanwhile I've forgotten what a holiday feels like!

I am annoyed by the fact that he plays 90 minutes for France but immediately gets injured on his return here. This is very weak from the club. Who is looking after Villa's interests here? You cannot preach "all-in" and having something like this happening. 😂 You have to be ensuring the players are fully fit for us before they go away to play internationals. Gerrard? Lange?

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Bar Leeds our defensive record has actually been good when he's been on the pitch so imo he's more than proved himself good enough at the back.

Offensively it seems to be a mixed bag but then of course Targett wasn't an assist machine at all.

We will sign a younger LB in the summer regardless.

upset stomach.

I wonder if that was linked to the early reports of "Digne leaves the warm up and walks down the tunnel" - aka he needed a poop.

Subbed in match with Gerrard saying "upset tummy" - needed a poop.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

28m on a left back we didnt need.  Absolutely ridiculous decision by the club

I don't follow?

He's a huge upgrade on Targett. 

Â