Lucas Digne

villan-scott

30 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Digne is so slow and poor going forward.

This is the reason why Moreno has to play every game. Especially games like these

Digne has been quality so far this season. Moreno needs to earn the shirt back from him. I wish we had the same quality as those two in the other side. Both are really good.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Digne is so slow and poor going forward.

This is the reason why Moreno has to play every game. Especially games like these

Have to disagree, I thought Digne was fine. The problem was not moving the ball quicker against a very defensive team. I thought one or two of our forward players were off it too. I like Moreno by the way. Reality is that plan really didn’t work again against a team playing a low block.

Edited by Strog

Just now, M_Afro said:

Digne has been quality so far this season. Moreno needs to earn the shirt back from him. I wish we had the same quality as those two in the other side. Both are really good.

We need Moreno's attacking prowess. He makes things happen

Digne is too slow and unadventerous

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

We need Moreno's attacking prowess. He makes things happen

Digne is too slow and unadventerous

I think Digne has done ok for creating chances this season. He’s not as fast as Moreno but his delivery is quality in my view. We’re lucky to have both of them in my view.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I think Digne has done ok for creating chances this season. He’s not as fast as Moreno but his delivery is quality in my view. We’re lucky to have both of them in my view.

Yeah he is "ok"

That's why he should not be starting these type of games

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Yeah he is "ok"

That's why he should not be starting these type of games

I don’t think Moreno is fit mate. I suspect Unai, who sees them every single day, will make the right call. Hopefully Moreno will get back to last season’s form soon.. Until then we have Digne who has been really good this season and has earned the shirt. Moreno needs to earn it back.

Just now, M_Afro said:

I don’t think Moreno is fit mate. I suspect Unai, who sees them every single day, will make the right call. Hopefully Moreno will get back to last season’s form soon.. Until then we have Digne who has been really good this season and has earned the shirt. Moreno needs to earn it back.

He just scored and saved us against Brentford and he almost scored again tonight

On 22/12/2023 at 22:42, M_Afro said:

Pretty sure I saw he'd created the most chances for us this season 

On 22/12/2023 at 23:42, M_Afro said:

Said at the start of the season I think it's noticeable how different the 2 players are in attack, digne being far more likely to cross whereas moreno will try and get to the byline and cut it back 

Actually a really nice tandem 

The problem is that vs the low block and a team like sheff utd you could see our reluctance to chuck it in the mixer towards Ollie and 2 CBs, plays in to their hands, cash was worse for it, so many crossing opportunities that we didn't take, it was a game for moreno unfortunately 

The obvious thing then being that we scored from a cross and we had a couple of corners that caused them trouble so maybe we should have tried the crossing more 

Edit - the Watkins penalty not given was from a cross too, from the left, who was that? 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Said at the start of the season I think it's noticeable how different the 2 players are in attack, digne being far more likely to cross whereas moreno will try and get to the byline and cut it back 

Actually a really nice tandem 

The problem is that vs the low block and a team like sheff utd you could see our reluctance to chuck it in the mixer towards Ollie and 2 CBs, plays in to their hands, cash was worse for it, so many crossing opportunities that we didn't take, it was a game for moreno unfortunately 

The obvious thing then being that we scored from a cross and we had a couple of corners that caused them trouble so maybe we should have tried the crossing more 

Edit - the Watkins penalty not given was from a cross too, from the left, who was that? 

Crossing is what Sheff Utd wanted us to do

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Crossing is what Sheff Utd wanted us to do

That's what I said, as an attacking option digne is more likely to cross whereas Moreno is more likely to get to the byline and cut it back and you could see that we weren't just aimlessly crossing it in despite digne and cash having the opportunity to do so

But that said our goal came from a cross, the Watkins non penalty was a cross, the disallowed goal was a cross, the handball was a cross, we had 2 corners that went back post 1 konsa headed over the other lenglet knocked back for Watkins to fire over... Maybe we should have crossed it more! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

And it's now we scored our goal.

I know it was. After how many though?

It was late in the game and Sheff Utd looked exhausted by that point.

Digne is just so predictable and we saw he isn't very effective against a low block team.

Â