Lucas Digne

villan-scott

I can’t see us selling him until the summer. It makes no sense to sell him now. He has been fantastic so far this season and Moreno is still short of showing his best form. Sounds highly unlikely to me.

• Like 3

Guess FFP is still biting and he's certainly enhanced his value in last few months.

Like many I'd prefer to stick with what we have rather than gamble on someone like Acuna who really hasn't played much at all for Sevilla in last six months.

Ideal word Digne stays until the summer and we let him go and sign someone like Tierney for a similar fee.

He's been playing very well for Real Sociedad in La Liga and also CL so given he went to Arsenal when Emery was there and can play LB and LCB (in back 3) you'd think he'd be figuring in our list of targets.

Still only 26.

• Like 3

Sevilla played today, no Acuna in the team, not even on the bench. But don't know if he is injured.

Says a lot about our financial position when we have to sell one of the best players when we are fighting for league title.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I wish this wasnt true but i think we will see lots of moves that we didnt expect as Monchi plays around with the ffp limitations.. if he could sell Digne for 15 mill and his 130k a week salary and bring on Acuna for say 6 mill and 65k wages then its a big plus financially and makes room for other moves maybe. Madness in my mind if it did happen but thats football now. 

I guess it depends on the injury. I think it was clear the club would have moved Digne on in the Summer if they could and if someone wants to give us a decent transfer fee and take his wages, maybe the club think it’s a chance they may not get next Summer?

It’s definitely a risk, I think he’s been great this season, but if he’s out for 6-8 weeks (hamstrings can be really bad), then the club might feel now is the time. 

We’ll definitely be in for two full backs this Summer if we can’t get anything done this Jan. As good as Digne has been, I do think Emerys system needs more pace at the back. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Why the hell do we need 1874 as part of it, apart from this coming season to celebrate the 150th anniversary!?

1874 x 150 = his daily wages...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Random link. Random enough to be true perhaps? Rumours of Acuna popped up the other day again too. 

There was a lot of noise in the summer of Luca Digne moving to Al Hilal. So that deal could have been resurrected or ArabNewsSports are just 6 months late with the news.

One of our better players this season for sure, until injury.

I wish people would get over this obsession with his wages.....although I know a lot of it's in jest.

People much cleverer than us are being paid to decide how much players should be paid.

I couldn't give a toss if he's on 12 quid a week or 120k....its not my money. As long as he's playing and doing well for the team, his payslip is no concern of mine.

The rumour that we're binning him off for a player who's over a year older (and more injury prone apparently) to save a few bob doesn't sit right with me though.

Edited by Dillon66
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Guess FFP is still biting and he's certainly enhanced his value in last few months.

Like many I'd prefer to stick with what we have rather than gamble on someone like Acuna who really hasn't played much at all for Sevilla in last six months.

Ideal word Digne stays until the summer and we let him go and sign someone like Tierney for a similar fee.

He's been playing very well for Real Sociedad in La Liga and also CL so given he went to Arsenal when Emery was there and can play LB and LCB (in back 3) you'd think he'd be figuring in our list of targets.

Still only 26.

I'd be very happy if we did something like this. Sell digne in the summer and bring tierney in. I think tierney knows he has no chance of playing for arsenal while arteta is there so you would imagine he would be happy to leave in the summer. 

If Digne goes this window then it’s as part of a bigger plan. We’ll just have to make do with the Moreno - Ramsey combo that fans creamed themselves over last season. 

I’m excited to see what money-ball madness Emery and Monchi have planned over the next few windows, and I doubt he’ll be the only high profile exit. 

I’d sell him, he won’t play in January, possibly even more. I don’t think we’ll be able to negotiate as we do now. We can demand a higher fee (when everyone thinking he’s our main left back), ofcourse we need to provide someone to come instead of him. Possibly a loan. 
He’s done very good, but as some said we need more pace on how we currently play. As good as he’s been I don’t think we’ll get proper money for him apart from now. 
I don’t think we’ll do as we used to by waiting and keeping players until everyone knows we don’t want them.

Digne has been a solid player and definitely stepped into the breach but hasn’t really created enough going forward for my liking. 

If selling him at a premium means we get a cheaper replacement and room in the budget in this month for Frimpong or another high quality RB then it’s a no brainer for me. 

There was an awful lot of talk that Digne turned down the prospect of a move in the summer, that he was happy and settled in the area and that he wanted to fight for his place at Villa. Not sure why that would have changed now he's been first choice in a team which is second in the league.

9 hours ago, villa82 said:

Sevilla played today, no Acuna in the team, not even on the bench. But don't know if he is injured.

Says a lot about our financial position when we have to sell one of the best players when we are fighting for league title.

i dont think it does - i think it says a lot about modern football with FFP and the saudis over paying for players

i also don't believe this to be true or happening....but if they come in with a number that means we actually make a profit on him then i think we have to take it

there's also a few LBs out of contract in the summer, including Barco who would be a very exciting prospect (rumoured £6m buy out clause in his contract too)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think it does - i think it says a lot about modern football with FFP and the saudis over paying for players

i also don't believe this to be true or happening....but if they come in with a number that means we actually make a profit on him then i think we have to take it

there's also a few LBs out of contract in the summer, including Barco who would be a very exciting prospect (rumoured £6m buy out clause in his contract too)

Who's Barco? I'd take Ait-Nouri from Wolves.

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Who's Barco? I'd take Ait-Nouri from Wolves.

valentin barco, 19 year old playing for Boca Jrs, very attacking LB

linked with utd, man city, liverpool, chelsea, inter and dortmund

• Thanks 1

Â