Yves Bissouma

Corleone

17 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Is this dude really a £50m midfielder?

is he really going to ‘transform’ our team? 

Yes probably in today's market.

No definately not, we have some deluded fans that think he is the missing link and we suddenly start challenging for top six if he was to come, he'd be a great acquisition but wouldn't 'transform' us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

No definately not, we have some deluded fans that think he is the missing link and we suddenly start challenging for top six if he was to come, he'd be a great acquisition but wouldn't 'transform' us.

I disagree. I think he’s worth an extra 5% possession in a game and he’ll help us build out from the back a lot better. 

He’s a player I’ve admired for a long time and honestly thought we’d have no chance of getting him so seeing us linked and seeing that Brighton are seemingly open to selling is exciting. 

As most have said, if we don’t get him this window for £40-£50m, it won’t happen at all. He’ll move to a top club in the Summer unless we can convince him to come here.

• Like 3

Is this one still on the cards? Wasn’t the last thing said about it that he was in no rush to leave Brighton? I would guess although Brighton would rather sell him to us for big bucks this window, he’d rather wait for a CL team to come in for him in the summer. Might not even stay in PL if he wants a fresh start after his investigation if it’s resolved by then.

I keep seeing this as a hot thread but with no new developments, feel like I’m missing something.

The more and more I think about it. This would be the last piece of the puzzle for us. JJ, Bissouma, McGinn is looking a top 6 level midfield to me. I wouldn't be surprised if we were fighting near the Top 4 next season if we then added a new CB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

So you dont think bissouma doesnt transform us? 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If this one was going to happen I think it would have happened already. 

I think the opposite. If this is going to happen it'll be in the last couple of days of the window. Brighton have better chance of getting best offer at the end of the window. Player at AFCON too so nobody can play him this month,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I don’t think you could be further wide of the mark!

The player is away at AFCON and Brighton want the highest fee possible. Add that into the fact the player himself will want as many options on the table as possible as he is in no rush, it all leads to a deal being done very late on in the window.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I disagree. I think he’s worth an extra 5% possession in a game and he’ll help us build out from the back a lot better. 

He’s a player I’ve admired for a long time and honestly thought we’d have no chance of getting him so seeing us linked and seeing that Brighton are seemingly open to selling is exciting. 

As most have said, if we don’t get him this window for £40-£50m, it won’t happen at all. He’ll move to a top club in the Summer unless we can convince him to come here.

Sorry I just don't see that, if he really was that type of player other bigger clubs would have been in for him already. As I said he'd improve us and give us the option of playing Luiz as an 8. 

To be honest if I had to take a Brighton player it would be Lamptey.

On 19/01/2022 at 09:44, Delphinho123 said:

This is very true. 

They'll be trying to sell him this window to take away any of the pressure of him running his contract down and receiving a lower fee later in the day. Brighton are very much a club, like Brentford/Leicester etc. that back their recruitment team to find someone as good for a third of the cost of the player they've sold.

I actually thought this would be the model we would implement when NSWE came in because there was so much noise about data and scouting etc. Instead, we're buying very well known players and now players that are proven and ready to go.

No one system is the right or wrong way to go, as long as you don't get punished or restricted by FFP. I couldn't care less if we signed Bissouma for £40m, as long as we as a club can afford it and we don't end up like Everton in 18 months time. Bissouma is an excellent player and I genuinely think he dramatically improves every side in the Premier League aside from perhaps City and Chelsea. 

He would be an unbelievable signing if he doesn't end up in Prison. 

I think we are trying to establish ourselves first before we take those gambles. You get more games with Europe, you don't gave to worry about them not winning you games etc. 

Bissouma is the type of player that would foresee the danger Villa put themselves into when our creative players have the inevitable midfield turnover.  He would either intercept the next pass, make the needed tackle, or commit the tactical foul to stop the counter attack that has led to SO MANY soft goals this season.  He absolutely would transform us with his presence.  We simply don't have a player with that level of footy IQ on the pitch at the moment.  When things break down, everyone starts ball watching and becomes reactive.  Very few are proactive.  Bissouma is proactive.

• Like 3

The way I see it, if the club really wants to mount a challenge for a Top 8 finish this season, this signing is key.

If we don't improve the midfield in this window, the inconsistency of the 3 players in there will not get us to where we want to go. Doesn't matter how many quality attacking players we have, we concede too many goals because the back 4 are exposed at times by the lack of defensive ability in the midfield.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Factors likely to delay this transfer:

Persuading the player of the villa vision

Explaining why waiting another 6 months isn't in his best interest.

Player is away on international duty at his counties biggest tournament.

Potential lawsuit for the player to deal with, that means additional legal complexities have to be handled.

Agreeing a reasonable fee with a team that would rather lose him for free if they could hold on to him for longer.

There is every chance this is still on the cards. 

We've lost eleven games this season, Brighton have lost four. From what I've seen and the match reports I've read, Bissouma makes it very difficult for opposition players to get by him, so this must contribute considerably to their relative lack of losses. 

Â