Yves Bissouma

Corleone

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We won’t get Bissouma in the Summer.

Yep. It’s overpay in this window (if the player can be persuaded) or get somebody else. Utd seem the likely candidates to snag him in the summer for their inevitable rebuild. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well it isnt mcginn or ramsey so who is it then?

Much as I love JJ, I reckon he and Luiz would make way for a starting midfield three of McGinn, Bissouma and Coutinho.  

10 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Nakamba ?

Nakamba isnt in our team?

So it would be either jj mcginn or luiz

10 hours ago, Awol said:

Much as I love JJ, I reckon he and Luiz would make way for a starting midfield three of McGinn, Bissouma and Coutinho.  

Be hard to drop JJ on current form. I think luiz or mcginn would be more likely 

• Like 1

Its is blindingly obvious that Ramsey is one of the first names on Gerrards teamsheet. He is still learning the game but i think Gerrard recognises so much of his old self in him. I think by the end of the season we will be wondering how we ever questioned him. The upside to including him in the team , with the mistakes he will naturally make, far outweigh the downside. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

As Gerrard has specifically stated he wants two first team choices for each position my guess would be that we would see rotation. If I was picking I'd have JJ, McGinn and then Bissouma, if he were to sign, as my first choice. But depending on form etc. you could swap in Luiz, Sanson and Nakamba without disrupting the team shape too much

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, picicata said:

As Gerrard has specifically stated he wants two first team choices for each position my guess would be that we would see rotation. If I was picking I'd have JJ, McGinn and then Bissouma, if he were to sign, as my first choice. But depending on form etc. you could swap in Luiz, Sanson and Nakamba without disrupting the team shape too much

Absolutely how I'd see it too, there will always be games for the understudy and competition drives us forward.

35 minutes ago, picicata said:

Rotation is easier if we have European football. But I'd say 75% to 25% would be the split between first choice and second choice players in their positions over the course of a season. That means players get enough rest and involvement to keep them happy. If it's not like that then a player is "dropped" when they're not in the team. So when we have the squad to do it we need to make sure rotation and giving players a chance to play is key. 

I see Nakamba as having plenty of talent to do the no6 role even if we sign Bissouma. I'd see both as the two players for that position. Luiz would become competition with JJ

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Nakamba is in our squad the fact he is currently injured is irrelevant. The role he plays is the one where we need better. JJ, Luiz and McGinn are better, and often do, play further forward.

1 hour ago, picicata said:

Yeah i would agres with that. It gives us numerous options. And thats even including chuk!

I would imagine we  might sell luiz if bissouma came in

12 hours ago, Awol said:

You'd really drop JJ for McGinn? And I can't see Coutinho in midfield. Even Bissouma would be overrun in that midfield. For all McGinn's arse out, determined, running uphill, all-action style, he doesn't cover enough space to make that work. This is also why I'm surprised people are suggesting we move Luiz on. He's perfect for partnering a 6 and linking the play. And JJ is a natural at the quick give-and-go movement with Coutinho and Buendia up in the attacking mid positions - which I love to see and can be devastating. I personally don't think that is natural to McGinn. This is also why I want to (eventually) see JJ and Chuk ahead of a top #6., linking up with Buendia / Coutinho / Bailey etc. Mouth-watering.

So basically, the goals we scored on Sat. That's what I want to see all the time. It's doable too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Awol said:

The Spanish league pundit that was on Villa podcast before we'd signed Coutinho said player might see himself in the middle 3 but he's not got the attributes and wouldn't cut it in PL nowadays as his defensive work is non existent. I agree

Also have we signed Bissouma and I missed it?

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its is blindingly obvious that Ramsey is one of the first names on Gerrards teamsheet. He is still learning the game but i think Gerrard recognises so much of his old self in him. I think by the end of the season we will be wondering how we ever questioned him. The upside to including him in the team , with the mistakes he will naturally make, far outweigh the downside. 

It’s not because Gerrard dropped him for Luiz early on,  JJ will need rest from time to time.

On 13/01/2022 at 20:45, Delphinho123 said:

Yep, it’s now or never. Either pay £50m or miss out. 

£50m for this guy?.. Thought Coutinho’s option is for £35m or am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

£50m for this guy?.. Thought Coutinho’s option is for £35m or am I missing something?

Coutinhos club are desperate to sell him and get his wages off the books whilst also being broke and needing the money

Brighton are the exact opposite 

Him costing more than coutinho is a reflection on barca nothing else 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Kingman said:

He’s 4 years younger. He probably isn’t worth 50m but then who is ? 

If the market wasn’t so inflated I reckon he’d cost around 30m which is still a lot of money. However as Brighton have no desire to sell there will be a considerable premium on what a team will have to pay for him. 

City have had to pay that premium for the past 10 years. 

I think I know why this role is so important. We have talented players on either side of the midfield 3 who fill the hybrid roles of shuttler/box to box midfielders. Ramsey/McGinn/Luiz/Sanson. They cover the full backs when we are in possession as the full backs need to get forward. They are also needed to form the passing triangles with the full back and one of the 10s in the wide half spaces. They also come late into the box to finish chances. For this to reach its zenith under Gerrard we need that destroyer anchoring the midfield and along with the two CBs being the core of the defensive aspects of the formation. Especially needs constant energy, good passing as they will get many touches as we build from the back and of course they need to be breaking up opposition play, especially during transition. 

Bissouma is absolutely perfect at this role. He's proven in the Premier League and is the key to unlocking the final piece of the puzzle for Gerrard. 

• Like 1

Â