Yves Bissouma

Corleone

1 minute ago, John said:

They will get round FFP. Citeh did and so will they. The question is whether Bissouma will fancy taking the chance of spending a season in the Championship and rocking up at Small Heath and West Bromwich next season for his "big" games. ;)

They will be sponsored by Saudi Blood Barrels for the market rate of £1trillion a season next year. To augment the gates at the training ground being sponsored by Saudi Gates for £100m a year, their socks being sponsored by Saudi Warm Feet Co for £100m a year, their mugs being sponsored by Saudi Coffee and Tea Receptacles Ltd for £1billion...

• Like 3

If he goes to Newcastle, or anywhere I deem to be a club lesser than ours, I’ll be really annoyed. He’s such a good player. Yes, he might cost £40m, but you know what you’re getting for that and he’ll be so, so good in our side. 

So frustrating if we don’t get this over the line if there is even a whiff of it being a genuine opportunity. I think we’ll regret it. Provided he stays out of prison!

Why fanny about offering Brighton £25m, everybody knows he’s worth more and Brighton are never going to except such a low offer.

I actually think it makes the club look like amateurs, just pay the £40m they want and just get it done. 

I don’t think Bentacur is anywhere near as good or consistent as Bissouma

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

Why fanny about offering Brighton £25m, everybody knows he’s worth more and Brighton are never going to except such a low offer.

I think it makes the club look amateurs, just pay the £40m they want and just get it done. 

I don’t think Bentacur is anywhere near as good or consistent as Bissouma

Stats say the polar opposite. 

Paying £40m for a midfielder who isn't a 6 (because our management don't want one of those) would be moronic when you can just get a better player (stats wise at least) for how we want to play for 12 John McGinns less.

Just now, Steero113 said:

Stats say the polar opposite. 

Paying £40m for a midfielder who isn't a 6 (because our management don't want one of those) would be moronic when you can just get a better player (stats wise at least) for how we want to play for 12 John McGinns less.

You’re comparing stats of players who play in different leagues. They mean nothing. 

Bissouma is by far the better option of the two and will hit the ground running. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

You’re comparing stats of players who play in different leagues. They mean nothing. 

Bissouma is by far the better option of the two and will hit the ground running. 

He's also over twice the money and clearly has no intention of being sold by his club until the summer. Lets see who comes in for him then. 

FWIW, I also categorically do not agree that Bissouma (who cannot pass and is not a typical 6 that so many on here are clamoring for even though our management have no intention of signing one) is a better player than Bentancur. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's also over twice the money and clearly has no intention of being sold by his club until the summer. Lets see who comes in for him then. 

FWIW, I also categorically do not agree that Bissouma (who cannot pass and is not a typical 6 that so many on here are clamoring for even though our management have no intention of signing one) is a better player than Bentancur. 

They’ll sell him if someone pays the money they’re requesting. That much is obvious otherwise we wouldn’t have bid. They obviously want top dollar. 

If he doesn’t get sold in this window then fair enough, but if he does and it’s not to us I’d be disappointed.

Pointless arguing over who is better between him and Bentancur as it’s just opinions. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

They’ll sell him if someone pays the money they’re requesting. That much is obvious otherwise we wouldn’t have bid. They obviously want top dollar. 

If he doesn’t get sold in this window then fair enough, but if he does and it’s not to us I’d be disappointed.

Pointless arguing over who is better between him and Bentancur as it’s just opinions. 

Yeah fair enough mate, as you said in an earlier post if we sign either they will get my support of course. 

I just think for the money being touted, Bentancur seems a steal. Both good players and we're being run slick as hell these days so the trust is there. 

Every time I’ve seen Bissouma play, he has been absolutely brilliant and completely dominant in midfield. Exactly the type of player we need. 

Bentacur is a decent player, however he can’t impose himself on a game in the same way that Bissouma does. 

Bentacur’s playing style is actually very similar to that of Sanson’s IMO.

Edited by Supervillan78

Just now, Supervillan78 said:

Every time I’ve seen Bissouma play, he has been absolutely brilliant and completely dominant in midfield. Exactly the type of player we need. 

Bentacur is a decent player, however he can’t expose himself on a game in the same way that Bissouma does. 

Not even 100% sure that what you're describing is legal...

• Haha 2

Just now, Supervillan78 said:

Bentacur is a decent player, however he can’t expose himself on a game in the same way that Bissouma does. 

This calls for a sad Kenneth

245D88F2-766A-4F03-A354-E666DB7BDA37.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886x4h8d6520dquda6lzx

I prefer my midfielders to impose themselves personally!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

Bisoumma replacement?

He just turned 18 yesterday and is a forward though as you like to saw when a foreign player is mentioned maybe the Football Manager and Paraguyan league experts on here will know more

Seems strange that we bid 25 million for him, and we're not going to go in with another offer. Maybe Brighton told us his price which put us off? or Maybe we will wait until deadline day see if Brighton Panic sell him for lower, Would be a great deadline day if that happened 

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Seems strange that we bid 25 million for him, and we're not going to go in with another offer. Maybe Brighton told us his price which put us off? or Maybe we will wait until deadline day see if Brighton Panic sell him for lower, Would be a great deadline day if that happened 

If we can get him for £25M then yes - providing his attitude is correct. I know nothing on this about him - any info available? 

Â