Yves Bissouma

Corleone

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

His performance against Everton got me asking if he's not one of the best in form deep lying midfielders in the PL right now.

Anyone better that I can think of has a support cast around them that builds them up no end. Bissouma against Everton was a one man takeover at times, and he was a presence throughout, when his team mates were up to it, he was ready for that too.

If he can sustain that level of drive and impact he'll be one of the best as long as he can maintain it.

Back to stats it might interest you he's =1st in PL for tackles per game and =8th for interceptions

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

….he won't be cheap and possibly a bit overvalued based on how important he is for Brighton…

Exactly, he has a value to them and a value to us. His monetary value to Brighton is at its peak now, they won’t get more for him in the summer. The difference between those two values has to be weighed against his footballing value to Brighton for the rest of this season. The trick is finding the price that will persuade Brighton to let him go now, without overpaying.

All that assumes the player would come to us anyway, and as he seeks to want Champions League football he may be just out of reach for now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

He's a decent player no doubt, but I feel Bissouma has turned into the most overly hyped midfielder in the world on this board. 

Not the first midfielder. Whatever happened to the legend that is Philip Billing

Bentancur is a much better signing 

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not the first midfielder. Whatever happened to the legend that is Philip Billing

Bentancur is a much better signing 

Oh yes the guy that got back to back relegated with 2 different teams but loads wanted him because he had the game of his career when Bournemouth beat us 

None of us have a clue as to exactly what's going on behind the scenes at AVFC right now, but we do all have opinions.

I would love us to sign Bissouma, and I would be happy if we sign Bentancur based on the little I've seen of him and the research of his career so far on the net.

The difference between my reaction to both "prospects" is down to knowledge. I know what Bissouma does in the Premier League week in week out because I've watched him many times, and it's very impressive.

I don't have personal knowledge of Bentacur on a regular basis, but he looks like he could be an upgrade on Luiz in our problem position from the little I do know.  I'll trust AVFC's scouts as to whether he's a really good fit for us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Back to stats it might interest you he's =1st in PL for tackles per game and =8th for interceptions

Checking those on whoscored is what prompted me to go on an expedition for highlights, and I watched 24 minutes of the Everton game which was an entertaining game and Bissouma was brilliant in it. 

I'm not particularly stats orientated, it no doubt serves a purpose and can be an indication in some key components that are pivotal to outcomes fairly reliably. 

I will never cease to use the Einstein adage that not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. 

It bores me to tears the way we've become data and looking to statistics obsessed not just in football but in life too.

At what point in time on this earth, ever, has anyone known the measure of a man to be how many seconds they lived? 

It's the qualities and characteristics unique to the individuals that make up our experience, memories and legacies. And that's the way it should be. There's more to life than data retention, there's the magic that unfolds every moment.

Muhammad Ali said he didn't count his pushups, he only counted when it started hurting. 

Don't get me wrong it serves a purpose but "I got a bigger number than you" to determine who ultimately has bragging rights is just boring to me. Let the game do the talking and if you weren't there for the contest then you missed out and that's real. 

When I fish for stats and league standing I take it as some form of insight that I otherwise wouldn't of had but seeing it for yourself is irreplaceable. 

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Checking those on whoscored is what prompted me to go on an expedition for highlights, and I watched 24 minutes of the Everton game which was an entertaining game and Bissouma was brilliant in it. 

I'm not particularly stats orientated, it no doubt serves a purpose and can be an indication in some key components that are pivotal to outcomes fairly reliably. 

I will never cease to use the Einstein adage that not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. 

It bores me to tears the way we've become data and looking to statistics obsessed not just in football but in life too.

At what point in time on this earth, ever, has anyone known the measure of a man to be how many seconds they lived? 

It's the qualities and characteristics unique to the individuals that make up our experience, memories and legacies. And that's the way it should be. There's more to life than data retention, there's the magic that unfolds every moment.

Muhammad Ali said he didn't count his pushups, he only counted when it started hurting. 

Don't get me wrong it serves a purpose but "I got a bigger number than you" to determine who ultimately has bragging rights is just boring to me. Let the game do the talking and if you weren't there for the contest then you missed out and that's real. 

When I fish for stats and league standing I take it as some form of insight that I otherwise wouldn't of had but seeing it for yourself is irreplaceable. 

I really enjoyed reading this more literary style of post, it makes a refreshing change .... Thank you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Here here.

(Just don't tell @Kiwivillan).

• Like 1

He must be shit if he can't even keep massive favorites Mali from being eliminated from the AFCON.   With our new clout we should finally be able to get Dale Stephens if we hurry.  Get it done!

• Haha 1

Â