Yves Bissouma

Corleone

16 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Also wants 150k a week.

We could just give him a bigger signing on bonus to bring the wage down. Would still be cheaper overall than £50m on Bissouma plus the wages he would want as a £50m player.

Would still prefer Bissouma though.

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

He’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay, and yes he would transform our team. He’s more important to the way we want to play than Coutinho. 

This. 

Would be the signing of the window. Probably for any team. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Yep and yep.

I’ve got to be honest, I’m in this camp. The guy is fantastic, and knows the league.

We sign him, we’re in with a great shout of getting top 6 next season.

• Like 2

Villa were very aggressive in their approach to sign Digne so they won’t be much less in trying to sign Bissouma if the rumours are correct?

Still feel Villa would need one other class midfielder to “transform’ the team replacing Luiz or Sanson who I believe to be too lightweight for the Premiership.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Is this dude really a £50m midfielder?

is he really going to ‘transform’ our team? 

Top class defenders are expensive......we have so many offensive players, we have forgotten the value of good defensive players.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Can't tell which way this will go.  Although they should always be taken with a pinch of salt, regular media reports and rumours are usually a decent indication of how far along these things are.  This has gone extremely quiet although the fact he's away on national duty will affect that.  

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he would improve us. Not quite transform us. 

I think he will have a knock on affect to our other players, don't be surprised to see, other players performances rise, if he joins us.

right now, we are losing too many games, despite our array of talent....we need some resolute additions.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Stopping attacks and recycling the ball to go on the attack ourselves is not only defensive but progressive.

Nakamba sometimes stops attacks but up till recently would then give possession away again. He and the team have looked more solid and got better results due to this.

Now imagine someone more reliable, faster, stronger more dominant in the air who is also more progressive with the ball. You've just imagined bissouma.

It's a team game, I cant see the logic in thinking luiz or mcginn trying to dribble it out from the back is better than passing it through bissouma to pass on to those players 20 yards further up field ?

Both luiz and mcginns natural game is not suited to shielding the defence so why put them there when they won't play as well ? 

We also can't play everyone's favourites as we will have 2 players for each position, Well that's the aim which means we will have 

Luiz mcginn sanson Ramsey fighting for 2 midfield spaces 

Nakamba and cdm for the other midfielders space.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we are interested and really did want him,  what would the implications be for the potential law suit and our protection against being found guilty?

I assume its possible to insure against this sort of thing for most players...

But signing a player after they're being investigated surely means that there's no way we'd get insured against that risk. Can't imagine we're willing to risk a huge chunk of our available funds on a player that stands a reasonable chance of going to prison.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

on a player that stands a reasonable chance of going to prison.

Based on what? He’s not been charged? Is he even on bail anymore? He’s helping with the investigation but we still don’t know anything about what the detail is of the allegation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Based on what? He’s not been charged? Is he even on bail anymore? He’s helping with the investigation but we still don’t know anything about what the detail is of the allegation.

Maybe reasonable is the wrong word, but relative to any other footballer, its probably a significant factor.

He was arrested under suspicion of sexual assault. Currently he's been released under investigation. His 40 yr old mate is still on bail, so probably stands an even more reasonable chance, but I can't imagine it's something we'll completely ignore and I'm wondering what options we have to mitigate the risk.

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Maybe reasonable is the wrong word, but relative to any other footballer, its probably a significant factor.

He was arrested under suspicion of sexual assault. Currently he's been released under investigation. His 40 yr old mate is still on bail, so probably stands an even more reasonable chance, but I can't imagine it's something we'll completely ignore and I'm wondering what options we have to mitigate the risk.

Ok thanks.  Yes an issue, something we should worried about but I’m sure the club, if interested, are all over it and know what’s going on.  I think if we sign him it probably means nothing is going to happen to him and probably he’s been cleared of suspicion as the club know perception will be key both visually and financially to the club.

• Like 1

I am looking at this potential transfer purely in football terms. The rest of it can be dealt with by lawyers that the club will employ to advise on this matter. This isnt the Tony Xia years. We will have some extremely experienced and talented people all over this. 

To be fair the one thing that is reminding me of last summer is that with this transfer nothing seems to be happening after the initial bid went in, like with Smith Rowe and Ward Prowse. We have 11 days to get a fee accepted  , convince the player to come, deal with all the issues of the afcon and get a medical done . Too mucb to do in such a short space of time i reckon. Too many moving parts  not least other teams being in for him if a bid is accepted. With Vlahsovic sic seemingly staying at Fiorentina   Arsenal will be all over him i reckon . 

40 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I am looking at this potential transfer purely in football terms. The rest of it can be dealt with by lawyers that the club will employ to advise on this matter. This isnt the Tony Xia years. We will have some extremely experienced and talented people all over this. 

To be fair the one thing that is reminding me of last summer is that with this transfer nothing seems to be happening after the initial bid went in, like with Smith Rowe and Ward Prowse. We have 11 days to get a fee accepted  , convince the player to come, deal with all the issues of the afcon and get a medical done . Too mucb to do in such a short space of time i reckon. Too many moving parts  not least other teams being in for him if a bid is accepted. With Vlahsovic sic seemingly staying at Fiorentina   Arsenal will be all over him i reckon . 

Arsenal are supposedly signing Arthur Melo for midfield. Can't imagine they would go for him and Bissouma.

Â