Yves Bissouma

Corleone

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

The way I see it, if the club really wants to mount a challenge for a Top 8 finish this season, this signing is key.

If we don't improve the midfield in this window, the inconsistency of the 3 players in there will not get us to where we want to go. Doesn't matter how many quality attacking players we have, we concede too many goals because the back 4 are exposed at times by the lack of defensive ability in the midfield.

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

We've lost eleven games this season, Brighton have lost four. From what I've seen and the match reports I've read, Bissouma makes it very difficult for opposition players to get by him, so this must contribute considerably to their relative lack of losses. 

Think it was said earlier in this thread, our game against Brighton this season, he was best player on the pitch, for majority of game he had control of it, think was after that game i boarded the hype train 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

We've lost eleven games this season, Brighton have lost four. From what I've seen and the match reports I've read, Bissouma makes it very difficult for opposition players to get by him, so this must contribute considerably to their relative lack of losses. 

Its more to do with their tactics of closing down the space. Brighton have drawn a ridiculous number of games this season on the back of it. That trend has continued in Bissouma's absence, with draws against Palace and Chelsea in their two games so far. I think people on here are over hyping his defensive contribution somewhat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Think it was said earlier in this thread, our game against Brighton this season, he was best player on the pitch, for majority of game he had control of it, think was after that game i boarded the hype train 

Yeah he was good in our game against them.

I stated a few times I ended up catching alot of Brighton games by default, and it's why I had a soft spot for them as I saw them play teams off the park and lose or draw, last season that was.

He was alwaysbery good IMO.

To me looks more like a proper box to box who is extremely strong and intelligent defensively.

I don't box him into just a DM as he looks useful going forward and encouraging forward play as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah he was good in our game against them.

I stated a few times I ended up catching alot of Brighton games by default, and it's why I had a soft spot for them as I saw them play teams off the park and lose or draw, last season that was.

He was alwaysbery good IMO.

To me looks more like a proper box to box who is extremely strong and intelligent defensively.

I don't box him into just a DM as he looks useful going forward and encouraging forward play as well.

ye, when i have seen him he very much acted like an 8.

I would imagine he can operate as a pure 6, but tbh...once again, as with many players we seem to have/covet, they arent pure 6s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

I would imagine he can operate as a pure 6, but tbh...once again, as with many players we seem to have/covet, they arent pure 6s.

He isnt a defensive midfielder and is a box to box player with little attacking attributes. same way a lot of people assumed the brilliant Leroy Fer or Philip Billing were defensive midfielders that would change us

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

I think SG’s ideal is to have three strong box-to-box midfield players where any one can operate as No. 6 when circumstances so dictate.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

25m Villa? Seriously, just give them 40 and get it done. Provided he doesn’t go to prison, he’s one of the best in the Prem at his position. 

Brighton waiting for Newcastle to come and put up the cash, which they most likely will. Can't really blame Brighton for that. I imagine Villa just aren't willing to spend that amount on him. 

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Brighton waiting for Newcastle to come and put up the cash, which they most likely will. Can't really blame Brighton for that. I imagine Villa just aren't willing to spend that amount on him. 

Then its the wages Newcastle will offer him as well 

He will definitely be found out at Newcastle 

I'd imagine he's our number 1 target, I believe he would transform our midfield and we are most likely at a standstill on negotiations with Brighton and have moved on to our next target as an option, if we can't get this one over the line.

Bentancur does look a similar player to Bissouma though, as long he's only asked to sit in front of the defense.

Â