Yves Bissouma

Corleone

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why do fans get so infatuated with certain players? Last summer it was Rashica, this January it’s Bissouma. There are plenty of good players out there, if we don’t get Bissouma in the summer it really isn’t the end of the world. 

I’ve mentioned it before I think his international teammate Mohamed  Camara will probably be a better fit at CDM for us eventually. 

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why do fans get so infatuated with certain players? Last summer it was Rashica, this January it’s Bissouma. There are plenty of good players out there, if we don’t get Bissouma in the summer it really isn’t the end of the world. 

After this window, I wouldn’t be bothered if I never heard his name again. Unfortunately not going to happen.

• Like 3

4 Premier League clubs were in for him. So us, Newcastle and two clubs definitely bigger than us and higher up the table (Man U and Spurs).

Bidding war in summer seems unlikely as he'll refuse to sign for half the club's who bid and only want to join one of big 4/6.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Its play good against Villa syndrome. Last year people wanted Vestergaard as he was a big defender who scored against us. Before that was Philip Billing and before him Leroy Fer was the answer to our problems because he dominated little Callum O Hare on his debut

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can see us targeting Phillips instead. 

Much as I’d love that he’ll be moving to a team with CL. Massively underrated player imo. 

Edit: the only upside in failing to pay the price for Bissouma is Sanson getting a chance to show what he can do before the summer. Between Bissouma, Luiz, McGinn and JJ, Sanson wouldn’t have got a look in.

Edited by Awol

51 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can see us targeting Phillips instead. 

If we do I think it would end in similar fashion to Smith-Rowe, Ward-Prowse and Bissouma, takes ages and inevitably wastes time before we miss out by the end of the window one way or another.

He'll be £60m+ and have better offers than us if he's cheaper than that. We clearly have a bit of a line around the £35-40m mark that we aren't yet willing to cross.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We clearly have a bit of a line around the £35-40m mark that we aren't yet willing to cross.

The summer is the first time our FFP headroom will be based on three season in the top flight instead of EFL and Premier League. 

That might be the time we can start looking at the juicier but more pricey targets.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Its play good against Villa syndrome. Last year people wanted Vestergaard as he was a big defender who scored against us. Before that was Philip Billing and before him Leroy Fer was the answer to our problems because he dominated little Callum O Hare on his debut

Nooooooooo Bissouma is actually a quality player. 

• Like 1

Not terribly bothered by missing out here. The money mentioned was way too much IMO. Also, and I'm not sure he is an upgrade on Luiz in the role he would be required to play here. Brighton's back 5 offers him a lot of freedom to go and win back the ball. A freedom which he wouldn't have in SG's system. He's not as good as Luiz at playing out. I think he would be more suited to McGinn's or Ramsey's role here and in this case, if we were looking to replace them I'd be looking for better players than Bissouma in that role.

• Like 1

Â