Yves Bissouma

Corleone

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Can see Newcastle going in for him in the summer with Dan Ashworth going there now. Only a matter of time before Potter is manager of Newcastle too.

I actually don’t think Potter would take the Newcastle job. 99% of people in this industry are driven by money, but after listening to Potter in interviews over the years I believe he would say no due to moral issues.

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

With Gerrard’s comments about Iroegbunum I wonder if we are avoiding signing a DM because he thinks we already have our guy for the long term.

That would be a real surprise. Tim has close to zero experience with men’s first team football and being a regular starter for Villa must be at least a couple of seasons away.

23 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

With Gerrard’s comments about Iroegbunum I wonder if we are avoiding signing a DM because he thinks we already have our guy for the long term.

Be a surprise imo. Gerrard has already said he wants to take the average age of the side upwards (go figure ?).

Hes needs to get us challenging the top six pretty quickly. 

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

Be a surprise imo. Gerrard has already said he wants to take the average age of the side upwards (go figure ?).

Hes needs to get us challenging the top six pretty quickly. 

Yeah don’t disagree just note he said this week the lad is “almost ready” for the Prem which is a big shout for someone his age.

27 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That would be a real surprise. Tim has close to zero experience with men’s first team football and being a regular starter for Villa must be at least a couple of seasons away.

Maybe a regular starter, we will see, but Gerrard said yesterday he’s shining in training, did well in the closed-door friendlies and “almost ready for the PL”.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Maybe a regular starter, we will see, but Gerrard said yesterday he’s shining in training, did well in the closed-door friendlies and “almost ready for the PL”.

I think we could see a new DM come in and if Tim is almost ready, it could mean the end for Nakamba. 

If we're going to improve, we need to spend but also need to recoup some money back on players and Nakamba might be one of our more sellable assets. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think we could see a new DM come in and if Tim is almost ready, it could mean the end for Nakamba. 

If we're going to improve, we need to spend but also need to recoup some money back on players and Nakamba might be one of our more sellable assets. 

Marv would be more valuable if he was younger but 15m has been mentioned. https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-newcastle-set-sights-on-signing-aston-villa-star-nakamba-in-january/

1 hour ago, Zero7 said:

Hope we look elsewhere, watched the Brighton vs Burnley game and he was shockingly poor. 

He's a decent player but yes not this hyped up world class DM at all.

There's better and cheaper in europe.

Bentancur looked decent for Spurs at Man. City so we missed out there given he was in 20m range. More like him around if we scout well enough.

• Like 1

Â