Yves Bissouma

Corleone

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In January they were in the bottom 3 so it was always going to be hard to attract players this January. If they stay up then they will be shopping in a different market

They wont be getting players like Haaland/Mbappe level but will be going up against teams like us, Leicester, West Ham maybe Spurs/Arsenal for players this summer

We've spent a lot of money over the past 3 seasons and are struggling to break into the top half.  It's not going to be easy for them either.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

We've spent a lot of money over the past 3 seasons and are struggling to break into the top half.  It's not going to be easy for them either.  

Of course but sadly they have more wiggle room when it comes to bidding and wages.

FWIW I think this summer Newcastle will sign mainly bigger name domestic players this summer. I can see them signing players not wanted by the top teams or need to be sold by rivals. Players like Maguire, Lingard, Tielemans maybe Lacazette

34 minutes ago, KMitch said:

No but they will be happy to forever be loss making so they will always have deeper pockets than the other clubs as they'll max out the allowable losses over a 3 year period.

We have done that but it's more part of a multi year plan to become self sustainable

Will they be happy loss making forever? I mean it is a public investment fund. Bit of a crap investment if it just loses money. I guess if it increases the economy eg tourism etc they will think its worth it. But everyone who has got an interest in going to Saudi (guessing mainly Muslims on Hajj) would want to go anyway? Or maybe the sportwashing fund is worth every penny

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Will they be happy loss making forever? I mean it is a public investment fund. Bit of a crap investment if it just loses money. I guess if it increases the economy eg tourism etc they will think its worth it. But everyone who has got an interest in going to Saudi (guessing mainly Muslims on Hajj) would want to go anyway? Or maybe the sportwashing fund is worth every penny

Not sure if you’ve heard but it’s a Saudi “investment fund”.  

The purchase of Newcastle Utd is most definitely not a venture from which they expect or aim to make money. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think Rice will go to Chelsea.

Best mates with Mason Mount so every chance, Is it also not one of the academy graduates who got let go , Point to prove maybe? Maybe also a supporter?

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Best mates with Mason Mount so every chance, Is it also not one of the academy graduates who got let go , Point to prove maybe? Maybe also a supporter?

More convenient 3somes with mount and the dimwit managing the national team. Simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I'd be pretty sure United will move for Bissouma in summer. One hopes they would move for Rice instead but I get the feeling they'll end up with Bissouma

Depends who their manager will be and when he takes over.  We have been doing business early in transfer windows so we may have brought Bissouma before Man U have hired their new manager.  I don’t think Ralf will get the full time job plus we are also assuming the new manager will want Bissouma, they might have their own plans and priorities.  Additionally they’ll need a new striker given Cavani looks like going back to South America, already rumours of Ronaldo wanting out and Greenwood having criminal issues so how much will they spend.

Sounds like there’s going to be a real DM carousel in the summer. Tielemans expected to Liverpool, Neves to Arsenal, Bissouma to Villa or Man U, Rice to Chelsea and Phillips to West Ham.

Meanwhile Mendes will bring a decent new portuguese DM to Wolves and Brighton will sign a brilliant one from Nantes or Reims for £3m.

18 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Sounds like there’s going to be a real DM carousel in the summer. Tielemans expected to Liverpool, Neves to Arsenal, Bissouma to Villa or Man U, Rice to Chelsea and Phillips to West Ham.

Meanwhile Mendes will bring a decent new portuguese DM to Wolves and Brighton will sign a brilliant one from Nantes or Reims for £3m.

If Phillips was prepared to go to West Ham and we didn’t do everything to bring him here, Purslow needs slapping. Bissouma would be a great player for us but still not a round peg, round hole scenario. Phillips is the player we’ve needed since promotion.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Awol said:

If Phillips was prepared to go to West Ham and we didn’t do everything to bring him here, Purslow needs slapping. Bissouma would be a great player for us but still not a round peg, round hole scenario. Phillips is the player we’ve needed since promotion.

Phillips is overrated for the money being touted and is injury prone. That Edson Alvarez from Ajax would cost less than Phillips’ hair and be more effective.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Phillips is overrated for the money being touted and is injury prone. That Edson Alvarez from Ajax would cost less than Phillips’ hair and be more effective.

Maybe agree to disagree on that lol-fest.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Chelsea see him as a replacement to Jorginho. Kalvin Phillips is nowhere on the radar for Chelsea

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Massive Chelsea fan.  If Chelsea want him and are prepared to pay to get him , then he is Chelsea bound 

Â