Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Give him a chance?

He's been here for almost a year. Played under a manager who would literally pick him week after week regardless how he performed.

Everyone looked the part yesterday except for this guy.

Only came here because of Gerrard.

We need to get him offthe wage bill so we can sign younger and hungrier players.

Ah yes getting a highly paid over 30 year old off the wage bill who is on a 4 year contract.

Good luck with that.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Ah yes getting a highly paid over 30 year old off the wage bill who is on a 4 year contract.

Good luck with that.

Yeah that is the problem which is why I said China or MLS

As Emery and Amorim are the two main links at the moment, the appointment will be an indication of what will happen with Phil. I think that Emery would be the one who could make him effective again and could put a system in place to play to his strengths.

Amorim comes in and Coutinho is done. He relies on running and pressing. Phil wouldn’t survive in that style and if we play him in such a style he will be the undoubted weak link. 

27 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

For me I am just done with him. 

And judging from yesterday he is night and day from Buendia who when losing the ball is willing to die to win the ball back whereas Coutinho is lazy and feels sorry for himself.

We don't need luxury players. There is no I in team.

Too high wages, too old. We need to get him off the wage bill.

It's been a disaster every since he left Liverpool. I don't think he's got any fight in him left.

He came here to be the main man. If dumbass played the system yesterday and he was no.10 we would have definitely seen better performances but he didn't and Emi was a breath of fresh air. In the future I think McGinn and Ramsay would thrive in that position also more than CM.

I don't see Coutinho playing now. Too much has gone on and he's just not the superstar status that the team was going to be built around. Nobody believes in him and not even himself.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

It's been a disaster every since he left Liverpool. I don't think he's got any fight in him left.

He came here to be the main man. If dumbass played the system yesterday and he was no.10 we would have definitely seen better performances but he didn't and Emi was a breath of fresh air. In the future I think McGinn and Ramsay would thrive in that position also more than CM.

I don't see Coutinho playing now. Too much has gone on and he's just not the superstar status that the team was going to be built around. Nobody believes in him and not even himself.

Phil reminds me a lot of Barkley actually.

Just been a shambles.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Yeah that is the problem which is why I said China or MLS

China have pulled back on some the ridiculous contracts they were handing out and I don't think he goes to mls unless we're picking up most of the tab.

I'm not prepared to be write him off yet, he had no chance to shine under that haphazard system he was shoehorned into.

Let's see how he is after the world cup.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Still think Miami would be a good spot for him. Open designated player now that Higuain retired. We've got some sort of relation with their admin as Vassilev already loaned there. Phil Neville, Beckham love their big names. Awful defenses. Lots of time on the ball.

I think he really wanted a WC spot but even that really wasn't going to work for him.

Edited by DJBOB

A good coach will manage and adapt his game properly. He might not be Liverpool Coutinho, but he's not MLS level just yet. We just need someone who won't hang him out to dry expecting him to win games on is own like it was 2014.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Still think Miami would be a good spot for him. Open designated player now that Higuain retired. We've got some sort of relation with their admin as Vassilev already loaned there. Phil Neville, Beckham love their big names. Awful defenses. Lots of time on the ball.

I think he really wanted a WC spot but even that really wasn't going to work for him.

Actually isn't there talk of a new MLS team...

• Like 2

As I’ve said before he’s not a bad egg, certainly no Ross Barkley. Bang out of form yes and a bit mentally fragile ,to be fair to us villa fans he’s received nothing but love hopefully he can turn it around.

Edited by gwi1890

I don’t know if the media noise like is he the same Coutinho from Liverpool days ect is getting to him but he’s getting an easy ride from the media compared to Gareth Bale’s premier league return.

All our forward players have struggled in this narrow system Gerrard wanted us to play. Our only period of goalscoring was when he switched to the 4 3 1 2 with Ings and Watkins up top and we had a 3 game run of wins and goals before that was ditched for the narrow 10s again.

I think all our forward players will have a new lease of life. I think Coutinho is struggling especially so because he will now miss the world cup and that was his big hope for joining Villa this year so I'm sure he's feeling it and his friend losing his job.

Â