Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

31 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

We need both. The fixtures will pile up at some point, especially around Christmas. Kellyman is exciting and I want to see more but there will be games we need more nous too.
And as much a cost cutting exercise getting rid of Coutinho will be, he is more important to us as a player this season unless we can replace with as good or better. We're just too light on numbers at the moment.

The impact of the Volume of games is overrated. At least 4 of the 6 conference games will be walkovers and I doubt Everton are going to put much effort up in the league cup. That realistically leaves a max of 4 additional games between now and January where we are even going to have to consider putting up strong line up. That’s very manageable considering the squad that we have and adding the kids that were involved yesterday. 

Yes another signing would be great but no drama if it doesn’t materialise. 

• Thanks 1

Honestly the way people lionise or fantasise about perma injured players for decades on here because they're out of the sharp focus of results while shitting on players like Buendia who was instrumental in our push for Europe last season is disgusting and I'll never understand it. Coutinho was a busted flush the moment he joined. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Honestly the way people lionise or fantasise about perma injured players for decades on here because they're out of the sharp focus of results while shitting on players like Buendia who was instrumental in our push for Europe last season is disgusting and I'll never understand it. Coutinho was a busted flush the moment he joined. 

I agree with the part about not shitting on Buendia, not sure about the Coutinho part though.

He hasn't been terrible and it's unfortunate that injuries have prevented him from showing his full ability. It was a gamble for sure, and it would be fair to say it hasn't paid off to the full extent possible. But if we move him on for 20m, get a + in our FFP, and saw moments of his ability when he was given time between injuries, then it's not a busted flush from day one. 

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But if we move him on for 20m, get a + in our FFP, and saw moments of his ability when he was given time between injuries, then it's not a busted flush from day one. 

That’s a big IF.

Theres a chance we can’t move him on, there is also a decent chance it will be on a free rather than a transfer fee, and even a small chance we have to pay some of his wages at his new club.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Maybe I am starting to hallucinate but I am sure I dreamt we already signed him, so it's not exactly the either/or you seem to be implying.

Go on, tell me I only imagined we signed Zaniolo.

We signed him and he’s gonna be class 😁

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

The fact that no numbers are being mentioned makes me think we’re giving him away just to get his wages off the books.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Would we be the only club who has given away a player to a oil rich country for free this summer?😭

Another couple of poor fellows who have forgotten that we have The Monch™

• Like 1

Â