Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I really don’t fully understand the malice towards Phil, some seem to really relish  proclaiming him worthless, a joke, selfish etc, it’s weird to me,  especially coming from supporters of the club.

“I don’t rate him but I hope he does well for the team” is a popular line on this forum, it appears in Phil’s case they would be truly disappointed if his 

Partly because of the Stevie Gs mate thing

11 minutes ago, Hev said:

Partly because of the Stevie Gs mate thing

People really need to get over this.We can’t spend the rest of our Villa-supporting lives judging everything through the spectrum of hatred for Gerrard. He is long-gone now in footballing terms and we have a far better manager who looks capable of taking us up a step. 

A manager who seems to rate Coutinho as well, so that should count for something with even the most dedicated Gerrard revivalist.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I really don’t fully understand the malice towards Phil, some seem to really relish  proclaiming him worthless, a joke, selfish etc, it’s weird to me,  especially coming from supporters of the club.

“I don’t rate him but I hope he does well for the team” is a popular line on this forum, it appears in Phil’s case they would be truly disappointed if his form improved.

Tainted by association with Gerrard. People would rather slag him off even after a good performance just because of the Gerrard association. 

People are weird. 

Surprised no one has mentioned the early bit of skill where he tied the defender in knots (nutmeg maybe?) then played a perfect through ball to Ollie who messed up. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Tainted by association with Gerrard. People would rather slag him off even after a good performance just because of the Gerrard association. 

People are weird. 

Surprised no one has mentioned the early bit of skill where he tied the defender in knots (nutmeg maybe?) then played a perfect through ball to Ollie who messed up. 

This is the real problem for me, when these bastard teams turns round from the start, I don’t see any of it in the second half 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

This is the real problem for me, when these bastard teams turns round from the start, I don’t see any of it in the second half 

I think its us that choose to turn around at the start. Emery wants a fast start and it has certainly worked in terms of scoring early.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

I think its us that choose to turn around at the start. Emery wants a fast start and it has certainly worked in terms of scoring early.

No disrespect my friend, but I want the Villa attacking the Holte in the second half. It has been that way for most of my 50 years watching and I do not like change

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

No disrespect my friend, but I want the Villa attacking the Holte in the second half. It has been that way for most of my 50 years watching and I do not like change

As I say, it's out manager that is changing it, not the opposition. 

13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I couldn't care less whether we shoot towards the DE stand if it helps us win.

22 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He stunk.

Nothing flicks round the corner instead of controlling the ball.

Zero acceleration and pushed off the ball like a child.

Why can't he hit the target with a shot? He's not getting close. He's hitting the ball 30 yards high and wide. Pathetic.

Maybe because he has lost his pace he has less space when he makes the shot and does it under pressure and misses Tonev style, every time?

5 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

While I appreciate it’s a view that isn’t going to be held by everyone, I do feel a little sorry for him. Say what you will about the performances on the pitch this season, but I don’t feel like there is any ego about him, or that he is any sort of problem around the club. Ravaged by injuries, such a shame.

He's very likeable and unassuming. That's not in doubt at all.

• Like 1

Â