Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't. This is what he wants, and the confidence boost it will give him is worth more. 

Totally agreed. His move to Villa got him into the Brazil team. Great for our image and for his confidence and presumably his confidence in this move.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I watched a random Youtube video late last night to relax before going to sleep. It was an hour long video of Manhattan in the snow, shot about 5/6 days ago.

Taking a tour through snow covered streets was soothing and making me drowsy until at about 30 odd minutes in to the video the guy filming got to Times Square, panned around and the large scrolling LED news banner kept repeating "Aston Villa sign Coutinho from Barcelona".

The fact that it would be big news in Times Square woke me right up!

NSWE are earning us credibility with their ambition.

Reckon you could link the video? I'd like to see that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I watched a random Youtube video late last night to relax before going to sleep. It was an hour long video of Manhattan in the snow, shot about 5/6 days ago.

Taking a tour through snow covered streets was soothing and making me drowsy until at about 30 odd minutes in to the video the guy filming got to Times Square, panned around and the large scrolling LED news banner kept repeating "Aston Villa sign Coutinho from Barcelona".

5 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Reckon you could link the video? I'd like to see that.

Seconded.

7 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Off topic, but I love that vid too. Been New York a few times, went there a week before Christmas day when it snowed. Winter atmosphere in Times Square, the bell ringer outside Macy's, needs to be experienced, it's much more Christmas in New York.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’m guessing it’s this one. You get a quick glance of “Barcelona, Aston Villa…” on the EPSN ticker at around 27:35

Mad that something so simple seems like such a huge deal.

I don’t like to get too giddy about a training video but my word. His touch, how he traps the ball, ability to manipulate space and be comfortable playing in tight spaces. Genuinely is world class. We’ve not had a top tier guy at this calibre before, i include Grealish in that. Still think it might take him a while to get up to match fitness, saying that be surprised if he doesn’t start Saturday.

I ordered a pro shirt in XL but I rushed i was supposed to get XXL 🤦‍♂️ . It should arrive today but if its too small and someone else who fits XL wants it let me know. Think it came to £75, ill sell it for £65. If not I suppose I could just frame it. Im all for putting this guy on a pedestal already 😆 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I ordered a pro shirt in XL but I rushed i was supposed to get XXL 🤦‍♂️ . It should arrive today but if its too small and someone else who fits XL wants it let me know. Think it came to £75, ill sell it for £65. If not I suppose I could just frame it. Im all for putting this guy on a pedestal already 😆 

You could do some exercise! 🤣

11 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’m guessing it’s this one. You get a quick glance of “Barcelona, Aston Villa…” on the EPSN ticker at around 27:35

Found it impossible to watch this without the internal jukebox flicking straight through to Massive Attack - Unfinished Symapthy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

To be honest I think kappa lengths are ok, it’s the tightness that’s the problem. I’m 6’1” and about 12 stone and a large is plenty long enough for me. 

image.jpeg.ab86107941987061a9f8849543afba0a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â