Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He seems quite humble and reserved. 

It is very reassuring. I definitely think with the right environment and with the right sort of support (from the manager, not the fans, though that will help) he can recapture some (if not perhaps all of) his Liverpool form, and I'm pretty confident Villa will provide those.

• Like 1

I think it's a genuinely wonderful signing and the perfect tonic for the club but more importantly the fans after a rollercoaster last 5 months. A new focal point for the masses to purr over and adore. Every club needs one or two and Coutinho fits the bill perfectly. If it goes well I think he'll sign in the summer without doubt. It looks to me like he's ready to settle again and imo this is the perfect club to become the new hero at. What a signing.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think it's a genuinely wonderful signing and the perfect tonic for the club but more importantly the fans after a rollercoaster last 5 months. A new focal point for the masses to purr over and adore. Every club needs one or two and Coutinho fits the bill perfectly. If it goes well I think he'll sign in the summer without doubt. It looks to me like he's ready to settle again and imo this is the perfect club to become the new hero at. What a signing.

This. Full credit to the owners and Purslow for identifying the right man in Gerrard and to have the vision to make this possible. They promised us all these nice things that this fanbase havent had too much of over the years; and are delivering. Its really exciting times, they really are putting everything into motion now. Football and our club are massive parts of our lives, if you’re fanatical that is; the state of the club determines how our week might go, and more often than not since they came in, we can smile when we go to work and come home to our family. Villa Park is sold out all the time; we have the most exciting side we’ve had in many a year now. These sort of signings were impossible not long ago. Now we are the envy of a lot of rival fans. Im so grateful I can be happy that we’re back holding our own again. UTV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

56 HOURS | Philippe Coutinho's journey to Aston Villa

https://video.avfc.co.uk/video/dm9kJTdDMF9oemt2b3Q4dCU3QyUyRnNlY3Rpb24lM0ZzbHVnJTNEaG9tZSU3Q2hvbWUlMkZoZXJvX2Nhcm91c2Vs?lang=en

loved the part where he was waiting for the visa prior to flying from France > Uk, and was sitting there watching the Manure vs Villa game. (luckily nothing put him off....)

Just watching this now and noticed right at the start at during the medical the doctor asked him what he wanted to be called and he responds "Phil". When asked what they call him there at Barcelona he responds "Coutinho". Just reminds me that little things like that can make someone not feel welcome. 

Give him the right support and he will be phenomenal.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Might as well sign Luis Suarez - who is set to leave Atletico - at this point. Get the whole gang back together.

Disclaimer: this is not a serious suggestion.

I give it a few hours before some journalist suggests it 

• Like 1

Â