Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I assume he won't be eligible in time for Monday?

Debut at VP the following week will be cool though.

He's in Covid protocol since Dec 30th so yeah, wont be playing Monday

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Tim Vickey, Brazilian based English journalist said he spoke to other Brazilian coaches and they all say the same thing about his personality. He is painfully shy. He’s not going to go into any dressing room with swagger. There was a lot of big personalities in that Liverpool dressing room at the time. Maybe he just feel comfortable been that guy in the Barca dressing room. 

My Brazilian friend said similar that he needs to be wanted. I think at Barcelona near the end he definitely wasn't welcome. 

Maybe a fanbase that wants him will help him thrive again

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Imagine if you told a villa fan 2 years ago, they'd be signing Coutinho on loan, would have been locked up and deemed crazy, no chance...

If we sign Denis Zakaria, I'm going on a pilgrimage.😀

• Haha 1

A fit and on form Bailey would start ahead of Buendia, of course if Buendia is showing unbelievable form he can't be dropped, but as it stands Bailey is the more proven player, when everyone is fit I think he, Coutinho and Watkins would be first choice front three.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah sorry not having a go at you. Just really interested in how we are going to find a middle ground with his agent since the Barca contract is so massive.

Also interested how the deal is with the temporarily reduced salaries that the Barca players agreed to last year is gonna be handled. They still owe him for that unless he agreed to forfeit that, think some players did.

That's a problem for Barca to work out but still interesting to me.

oh i know mate. i think the compensation from barca would be one for the lawyers and i'd imagine we managed to stay clear of that.

it sounded like they just needed him off their books and he was happy to move.

he's been earning over 300k a week for a while now, plus the various endorsements etc. if he takes a wage drop to 'only' 200k i'm sure he'll have been ok with it!

Good news.

This shows the value in having Stevie G as our manager. Not disrespect to Dean and the Villa but it does not happen without his involvement.

will be interesting to see how he and Buendia fit together. The likes of Traore, Bailey and Ollie will be chomping on the bit to play with him.

I  would imagine the home game against United could now be the hottest ticket in town. Shame the season is not starting now.

onwards!

Edited by Lochheads twin
Typo
  • Like 1

Â