Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Out of interest why were people comparing this to the James signing in a negative way? Yes he wasn’t amazing and had injuries but still scored 6 and assisted 5 in 23 games. Hardly a major flop.

Agreed. He was great at first and could still be doing well for them if Rafa wasn’t destroying their squad and bombing out any flair players. 

• Like 1

Whats the deliverable from this signing ? - I still can't see Europe  - We weren't getting relegated anyway ? 

Is it just because we can ?  - Or is the hope that playing \ training with PC will give some of our players a performance boost ? 

• Confused 2

Just been for physio, the guys a barca fan. Said he got lost at Barca and lost confidence but if he is loved he will fly. This it may have been a Grealish at city scenario, just another cog in the queue. Clearly has a good relationship with Gérard and will feel the love from us I'm sure. 

6 minutes ago, sne said:

I kinda feel the other way round. But depends on what the money is I guess. 

How much of his salary are we picking up, is it and option to buy or a compulsory buy and what is the fee if so? Anyone seen any figures?

6 months loan with us picking up a high % of his salary feels kinda pointless. Helps Barcelona more than us.

No figures yet but if you believe Fab, he tweeted earlier that the option to buy was a “no obligation” one.

This signing would not have been possible without Gerrard. Just like Allan and James wouldn't be gettable at Everton without Ancelotti.

Perks by having a high profile manager.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Wonderful time to be a Villa fan (a long time coming). Only concern is that the 'option to buy' seems to have vanished from all reports coming out this morning. Would hate to think it's just a straight loan for 20 games...

10 minutes ago, sne said:

I kinda feel the other way round. But depends on what the money is I guess. 

How much of his salary are we picking up, is it and option to buy or a compulsory buy and what is the fee if so? Anyone seen any figures?

6 months loan with us picking up a high % of his salary feels kinda pointless. Helps Barcelona more than us.

There is no way it's a compulsory buy as we would just buy him now outright if there was a compulsory buy. 

As far as wages, people should ignore that. What one club pays another is a Loan Fee. So it could equate to a players wages for the 6m or year + x on top. This was the case for Tuanzebe for example and Barkley. The reason for this is players have amortisation of their transfer fees too which appear on the clubs accounts. So Barkley for example had a 3.2m "cost" every year to Chelsea on top of his wages.

So say we are paying Barca £7m for the 6 month Loan period of Coutinho. That goes towards the wages + amortisation costs that Barcelona have in relation to him. If we sign him in summer, Barcelona have say 25m left in amortisation and he is due 20m in salary. If we pay a fee of £10m, then Barcelona are +£5m in relation to their accounts for player registration in summer. They -25m + 10m and don't have to pay 20m wages

Edited by CVByrne

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have checked our sources for the 80th time it is correct Coutinho is signing for little Aston Villa and not Premier League giants Newcastle or West Ham. We will check again in 10 minutes in case of an error

WhAt Do LiVeRpOoL fAnS tHiNk Of ThE dEaL? 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Whats the deliverable from this signing ? - I still can't see Europe  - We weren't getting relegated anyway ? 

Is it just because we can ?  - Or is the hope that playing \ training with PC will give some of our players a performance boost ? 

I think it’s probably hope the potential-world class player rediscovers his form and loves being a Villa so we can purchase him for a relatively low fee. 

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

How can the club afford this?

I realize we've got wealthy owners but how do we get past FFP? We've got nowhere near the money income like the elite clubs do

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, hippo said:

One thing for me from a positive angle is that surely it helps us keep our better players and attract better players. Playing alongside Coutinho under Steven Gerrard is pretty exciting I'd say.

• Like 2

Just now, hippo said:

- Push for Europe
- Get him settled and enjoying his football
- If he reaches his potential this season we sign him permanently and push for Europe next season.
- If he doesn't we don't sign him. 

Â