Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Romanos 6 month deal main part of his salary is what I didn't want if I'm honest 

Wahtever "main part" even means 

If the contract rumors are true, I’m assuming it’s the upper part of the 50-70% range that someone tweeted about yesterday.

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Surely all clubs have "option to buy" - why does this part make a difference? 

My understanding is with the option to buy it's all pre set. The fee paid, how much of the fee goes to Barca and how much they give to Coutinho in lieu of lost wages. Also the wages Coutinho will be on at Villa and the length of the contract. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

6 month deal with option to buy makes sense, 18 month loan deal makes no sense. 

I kinda feel the other way round. But depends on what the money is I guess. 

How much of his salary are we picking up, is it and option to buy or a compulsory buy and what is the fee if so? Anyone seen any figures?

6 months loan with us picking up a high % of his salary feels kinda pointless. Helps Barcelona more than us.

Wow, it's actually happening. Probably the highest profile signing we've made in my lifetime. Now Gerrard needs to get him back to his best. Great ambition from the club.

Zakaria and Digne/Tagliafico/Hickey next through the door and I wouldn't rule us out of ,making a late push for Europe. 

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah I came on here just now to say can anyone think of a higher profile signing than this… I can’t…

If we're just talking loans, Michael Bradley?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Romanos 6 month deal main part of his salary is what I didn't want if I'm honest 

Wahtever "main part" even means 

If we are paying the wages I bet there is no loan fee - they want him off the books, if we spunk a few million on wages for the next four months it will be offset by shipping out (eg) El Ghazi if we get a small transfer fee. Not that I particularly want El Ghazi to move.

Taking on a salary like he has now in the longer term would be a bigger gamble / need a lot more thought. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

6 months loan with us picking up a high % of his salary feels kinda pointless.

Hard to say… I’d rather give the kids a chance in some ways but if Gerrard feels (for example) that Buendia and Bailey will be class long term but need this season to work through settling in/injuries, then a short-term high-profile deal might make sense. No idea if that is the plan of course. But I’ll trust the chap who played with him at this point.

Â