Premier League relegation battle

useless

Nothing ever seems to come of these kind of complaints. Leeds also officially complained about Wolves in the championship, Wycombe when they were relegated complained about Derby, and Middlesbrough also have a complaint against Derby dating back to the season when we were promoted, there are probably others as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sour grapes from those two clubs in my opinion

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you think  citeh abide by the rules? Where is their punishment? When you start punishing those clubs then come for the smaller guys

Partly sour grapes, but Everton declared losses due to Covid of £170m over the last two seasons which brings them "in line" with FFP and avoids punishment.

For comparison purposes, we declared about £50m.  It seems a bit fishy, no?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

After being reminded first hand of just how horrible Burnley are I think I’m actually leaning a bit towards wanting them to go now.  It’s win/win either way.

Oh, absolutely. Leeds would be funnier, ‘cause media darlings and loads of Leeds fans around, especially in Norway, but Burnley are f***ing thugs and won’t be missed if they go down. It’s the very definition of a win/win for me. 

59 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Agreed no way do Burnley survive next year if they do this year. The little money that they had has gone, their squad is getting older and smaller I don't see how they can progress.

They were profitable until the new owners came in and they've been operating with increased debt (pre-Covid). I just can't see how they invest to stay in the league with that squad either. Would take Cornet though.

To be fair, I'd rather Leeds stayed up. I still remember growing up in the 90s when teams like Burnley were in Division 3 and even if Villa weren't playing, there was always a 'big' game to watch. Fair play to these smaller sides for getting up to the Prem, but they don't add anything to it, especially a bunch of thugs like Burnley. 

I'm hoping Forest come up as I'd rather spend a Sunday afternoon watching Leeds v Forest than I would Burnley v Bournemouth. 

I can see them both winning tomorrow though and see Leeds as the team with it all to do tomorrow. 

Watching the Brentford v Leeds match and if Burnley want to stay up then I think they're going to have to do it themselves as Brentford really aren't playing very well at all, can hardly keep the ball and when they get in promising positions keep choosing the wrong option.

Burnley been terrible. Proper heads gone from Collins on the corner and them just lumping up long balls to their midget strikers v Lascelles and Burn isn't going to work.

Need to take one of the CBs off and put Weghorst on unless they're just relying on Brentford to win now.