Premier League relegation battle

useless

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im pretty sure everton will go down next year if they dont invest and rip up this team.

Its a absolute mess

I don't think they've got much to spend have they? And consequently I agree, I think unless they find some miracles from somewhere I'll have them as amongst the favourites to go down at the start of the season.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think they've got much to spend have they? And consequently I agree, I think unless they find some miracles from somewhere I'll have them as amongst the favourites to go down at the start of the season.

They veey much look the side we were before the year we went down. All the signs are pointing the same for them 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They'll just try to move on likes of Calvert Lewin and Keane. With way prices are inflated they'll probably get 50m + for those two.

Big problem is if they lose Richarlison though as he has stepped up for them in last two months. That's a lot of their attack output gone.

As ever always have to hold fire until see how the three promoted teams do. Fulham and Bournemouth could both barely win a game before xmas and Luton or Huddersfield coming up would feel like a cert to go down.

Let's not forget two years back West Ham were only just staying up not that I expect Everton to hit those heights anytime soon but things can change quickly in football if you can make decent signings. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They'll just try to move on likes of Calvert Lewin and Keane. With way prices are inflated they'll probably get 50m + for those two.

Big problem is if they lose Richarlison though as he has stepped up for them in last two months. That's a lot of their attack output gone.

As ever always have to hold fire until see how the three promoted teams do. Fulham and Bournemouth could both barely win a game before xmas and Luton or Huddersfield coming up would feel like a cert to go down.

Let's not forget two years back West Ham were only just staying up not that I expect Everton to hit those heights anytime soon but things can change quickly in football if you can make decent signings. 

All fair points, though I'm not sure they can make many decent signings. Calvert-Lewin might be wanted by West Ham, but who's going to be interested in Keane? And as you say, Richarlison for them is like Benteke was for us, you might get a decent pile for him but then you've got to replace a huge amount of goals and assists.

I definitely can imagine them being saved by three bad promoted teams though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

All fair points, though I'm not sure they can make many decent signings. Calvert-Lewin might be wanted by West Ham, but who's going to be interested in Keane? And as you say, Richarlison for them is like Benteke was for us, you might get a decent pile for him but then you've got to replace a huge amount of goals and assists.

I definitely can imagine them being saved by three bad promoted teams though.

West Ham believe it or not are interested in Michael Keane! Probably someone like Fulham might want him aswell for his "experience."

In fairness Moyes took Craig Dawson when he was hated by Watford fans after their relegation and made him integral part of their top 6/7 backline so perhaps he sees Keane as similar but he's had a terrible season so that would be a big gamble. Also coming up to 30 now so feels odd signing for West Ham to make with Ogbonna back next season.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham believe it or not are interested in Michael Keane! Probably someone like Fulham might want him aswell for his "experience."

In fairness Moyes took Craig Dawson when he was hated by Watford fans after their relegation and made him integral part of their top 6/7 backline so perhaps he sees Keane as similar but he's had a terrible season so that would be a big gamble. Also coming up to 30 now so feels odd signing for West Ham to make with Ogbonna back next season.

Fulham definitely need to sign a couple of CBs. Imagine my surprise when I checked and saw Tim Ream had started every game this season!

• Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sour grapes from those two clubs in my opinion

But if Everton have cheated their way to survival by ignoring the rules while the other two obeyed the rules, then they have a valid point surely?

Admittedly it all just goes to show what a sham FFP was anyway, and clubs like us that almost bankrupted themselves over it would have been much better off just ignoring the rules entirely.

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

But if Everton have cheated their way to survival by ignoring the rules while the other two obeyed the rules, then they have a valid point surely?

Admittedly it all just goes to show what a sham FFP was anyway, and clubs like us that almost bankrupted themselves over it would have been much better off just ignoring the rules entirely.

Do you think  citeh abide by the rules? Where is their punishment? When you start punishing those clubs then come for the smaller guys

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Do you think  citeh abide by the rules? Where is their punishment? When you start punishing those clubs then come for the smaller guys

Oh I agree, but even so, if any clubs have abided by the rules then surely they are right to complain about others that haven't.