Premier League relegation battle

useless

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Leeds will beat Brighton 

Of course you may be right.. but past history between the two sides will tell you otherwise.

In PL - Brighton have won 2 and drawn the other - Leeds failing to score in the 3 matches.

In Championship - Brighton have won 8 drawn 2 and lost 2. 

Add to that Brighton have lost 1 in 7 (to Man City), beating Arsenal & Spurs away and their last 2 results 7-0 in their favour and Leeds with 1 point in 4 and 1 goal (from a corner) with lots of injuries / suspensions, then I think I know which result I'd be going for !!

2-0 Leeds 🙈😅

• Haha 1

Brighton have the fourth best away form in the league, Leeds have the third worst home form, Brigthon also have a good recent record against Leeds, and are obviously in good form.

But then again Brigton are the kind of team that go on a little run where they get some good results, but then go on long stretches where they don't win any games, so could easily be that Brighton have had their good spell and are due a couple of bad results.

It's not going to happen but ideal scenario for me would be Burnley beating Spurs, Leeds losing to Brighton, and Everton losing to Brentford and then Palace in the week, that would take it to the last day of the season between Everton and Leeds to decide who's going down, and would also mean that Burnley would have nothing to play for against us in the week so maybe give us a better a chance in that game, and maybe more of an opportunity to select more experimental line-up, which we might do anyway.

On 13/05/2022 at 18:06, tomav84 said:

my money is still on burnley to go down but i just hope it goes the distance. the league title will be done and dusted by the last day so be good to have some drama

Nope I would be happy that Leeds are down as quick as possible and **** sky to have no excitement last day of the season 🙂

I feel Burnley are going to have to pick up a win from either us or Newcastle. They do that, they’ll survive. I think.

Not massively surprised Leeds picked up something today, despite it being late. They might get a point against Brentford, which obviously would mean Burnley needs two draws rather than a win due to goal difference.

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

That was so poor from Brentford, pretty much gifting Everton the lead there. 

All opposition seem to have lost any sort of football ability going to Goodison in last few weeks with them lighting flares and setting off fireworks outside their hotels during the night.

If Everton fans recreate this atmosphere from start of next season at home they'd be comfortable top half again you suspect.

Oliver will have a lot to answer for after allowing that blatant shirt pull on Richarlison and then sending off a Everton player just moments later.

Should have been a penalty for Everton there.

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Absolutely a red card though, so clumsy from the Everton defender. Game on! 

I though there was barely any contact. Toney got infront and just fell over to see what happened.

Barely any contact compared to the shirt tug at the other end anyway.

Edited by VillaChris