Premier League relegation battle

useless

Big second half for Everton, they need to hang on to the three points, otherwise the pressure on them going into the Palace game will be massive, and if Palace play anything like they did against us today will give them a very good game and could easily beat them, if that happens suddnely Everton would go into the last day of the season still not safe and wouldn't take the most unrealist set of results to relegate them.

Expect to see excessive time wasting from them in the second half with players pretending to be injured at every opportunity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Just such bad refereeing. I don’t understand how the level of refereeing has dropped so dramatically. Is it the rule changes? VAR? Smaller pool of refs to choose from? All of the above?

We desperately need better refs but I think that starts at grassroots. For as long as 14 year old boys are having grown pissed up fat gammons starting on them, we aren’t going to be able to keep and grow refereeing talent in this country. 

The quality of referring in the Premiership has been poor for so long now, and the FA are doing bugger all to fix it. At this point I've given up expecting top-quality officiating. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

The quality of referring in the Premiership has been poor for so long now, and the FA are doing bugger all to fix it. At this point I've given up expecting top-quality officiating. 

Same in other countries really.

It's just a hard job although should've been easier with VAR but we all know the flaws of that system.

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

The fix 100% has to come from grassroots level. The whole organisation is just broken and desperately needs to be revamped. They’re all talk zero action. Clubs and players that create such aggressive and sometimes violent atmospheres for officials at lower levels should straight up be permanently banned. 

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

At least Villa are better than Everton & Gerrard is better than Lampard & Purslow is better than Kenwright & NSWE are better than Moshiri.

And at least we aren't Leeds.

• Like 1